S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

rain... back swung out...

Old 12-17-2003, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rain... back swung out...

struck again... my back swung out.. normal accel right after the turn... everything went silent... i was countersteering.. but it wasnt enough.... hit my driverside rear wheel into the curb ....... back left taillight was smashed... cfiber lip broken.... minor body damage.. major suspension work needs to be done.. my heart is broken.. im fine.. not even a scratch.. i wasnt thrown around in the car.... i feel like a part of me just collapsed.... i cant stop thinking about it and it sucks..... but im fine and thats what i need to be greatful about... be careful on the road guys.. it sucks to lose your baby........... it hurt so much to see it get towed
Old 12-17-2003, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel. I felt like I lost a part of me when I saw her at the tow place waiting to be taken to a body shop. She was just sitting out in a field, next to a bunch of old cars with plastic around the broken glass. It was a horrible sight. I can't believe that she even recovered. but it'll be alright. Just be patient and take her to a good body shop. Also, make sure that you visit the body shop every three days or so to make sure that they are doing a good job on her.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:10 PM

I know exactly what you mean.....the EXACT same thing happened to me in October w/ my '99 ///M3 coupe....I was devastated, but at the same time sooo happy to still be here breathing....see pic below....
Old 12-17-2003, 01:14 PM

It's tough weather for the S right now - cold and wet. Hi-Po tires, S02's especially, don't like either, throw in maybe a crown to the road and perhaps the onset of vtec and it could get sticky. Hope it all get's sorted out for you.

Holy cow Rorrick, - I've got one o' those. Is it a write off? Man, the Estoril blue is my fav too, though mine is Dakar because of the 7/94 C&D cover.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:29 PM

Sorry to hear about that. It's good thatur OK. Just gotta watch the be careful I feel 4 ya though that sucks
Old 12-17-2003, 01:46 PM

sorry to hear that...you gotta take it easy in the rain, especially in and out of turns
Old 12-17-2003, 05:00 PM

i was only goin 20 mph... thats the worst part.. completely minding my business.... honestly when i got out of the car there was a huge puddle right where i began to slide... probobly hydroplaned... did 2 complete 360's in one of the most if not the busiest roads around here.. i didnt even feel the impact.. i only heard it... i guess the s2 is really damn good in a collision... it sucks tho.. but im just thanking god that im here.. i never would think that it can happen.. but now i know it can happen to anyone.
Old 12-17-2003, 05:05 PM

Sorry to hear about the incident Jay.
Good to know your ok!
Old 12-17-2003, 06:16 PM

yup.. very easy to do , and with that weather recipe of cold, and wet, even easier.. have you checked the tread on your tires ?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:54 PM

yea the tread is fine........ there was a huge puddle of water where i began to slip.. i think that was the cause

Quick Reply: rain... back swung out...