S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

RAGE., uncontrollable RAGE!!!

Old 02-15-2003, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAGE., uncontrollable RAGE!!!

Between the hours of 11am and 2pm this afternoon, some unknown individual, using fierce malice and unbriadaled maliciousness, kicked my beloved "S" several times...the result..... two crater like depressions on my drivers side front quarterpannel. I called Honolulu's finest and they responded. I feel utterly deflated, floating in a haze of uncertainty....I've been lucky to this point, 30 years on this planet and untouched by mans wickedness... a truly benign life to this point. Now onto my next obstacle...the insurance company. I have comprehensive (which I believe covers vandalism).....I can't even begin to imagine the dollar amount to fix these dents....should I get an estimate before calling the insurance company? How bad is this going to increase my premium? Any and all insight would be welcomed.....
Old 02-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks, and it happened in paradise.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:03 PM

Sorry to hear it! That's just awful. I got a little parking lot scratch and was fuming mad. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if someone did that. Here's a little salute to the bastard that did it...
Old 02-15-2003, 06:18 PM
Former Moderator

That totally sucks. I think if it goes under comp it should not have an impact on your premium since you were not at fault and it was not an accident. At least that is how my insurance company looks at it. I had a rake fall off my garage wall and do some paint damage, and they did it as a comp claim and said it would not raise my premium.

I just don't understand why people can't keep their hands and feet to themselves. Just remember what goes around comes around.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so sorry to hear this. GD people. NOone has a personal sense of responsibility anymore. I wish you had caught this person and beaten to an inch of their life...I know that's harsh, but I"m on beer 8 /24 so I'm a little buzzed...heheheeh
Don't worry I"m not driving anywhere.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:08 PM

thanks for the kind words....i'll be looking for bodyshops Monday. All the places I've been stationed in my life, Honolulu has to be the most reckless by far. The "aloha" spirit is only shared by a few..Last year, this island had over 7500 cars stolen...Property damage was up 20 percent.....Tourists getting there cars broken into is a favorite past time here. I spent umpteen years in Buffalo, New York...you could leave your car unlocked at night and not think twice about it. Not here.....some of the people here will rob you/roll you with out thought.....Paradise...
Old 02-15-2003, 08:48 PM

I totally am not trying to be funny here but when you steal a car on an Island, Where does it go?
Old 02-15-2003, 09:02 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope every thing works out and they catch the vandal that did this to you.

Looks like today was a bad day for S2k owners. This thread happened today as well. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=105238
Old 02-16-2003, 12:37 AM

Originally posted by nzaizar
I totally am not trying to be funny here but when you steal a car on an Island, Where does it go?
It either gets joyridden, or taken to a chop shop, or both. They'll strip it of all saleable parts, and leave the skeleton of a car on the side of the road in Waimanalo or Ewa Beach. It's actually happened to an S2000 here already.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news, and I share your rage. What's most shocking to me is that it happended in Hawaii. I guess some state-side jerks have now polluted paradise. The Visigoths are everywhere.

Quick Reply: RAGE., uncontrollable RAGE!!!