S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Radio code from dealer

Old 03-15-2004, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I did a search found that a dealer should be able to give me the radio code (used car did not come with the little card, I looked everywhere) if I had the serial number of the radio. So I did the little trick of pressing 1 and 6 when I turned on the radio to get the serial number. Now feeling like I did something right I waltz into the dealer with the serial number asking them for the code and they tell me that they have to pull the radio. I explain that I have the serial number of the radio and they tell me that they do not need the serial number, but some other number on the back of the radio. THey then explain that it would take an hour or so (It only took me ten minutes to pull the radio and I did not know what I was doing), I explained that I would pull the radio and show up with the numbers on back of the radio.

So the question is, has anyone gone to a dealer and obtained the code using the serial number of the radio, or is there some other number that I need? Thanks!

Kevin

---Edited to change wording as I screwed up. ---
Old 03-15-2004, 05:45 AM

The number you need is on the door of your console compartment. I went to the dealer, the lady came out to my car, wrote the number down, came back out and programmed it for me, no charge. I would tell that dealer to kiss my a$$ and go somewhere else.
wino
Old 03-15-2004, 05:49 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Shifter

Look in the trunk or console for a white label. The bottom numbers are your radio code. Most dealer stick them on the inside of the trunk lid.

fltsfshr
Old 03-15-2004, 05:57 AM

<quote> The number you need is on the door of your console compartment. I went to the dealer, the lady came out to my car, wrote the number down, came back out and programmed it for me, no charge. I would tell that dealer to kiss my a$$ and go somewhere else.
wino </quote>

What door? The radio door? Secrect compartment door? I do not see any numbers there.

<quote> Look in the trunk or console for a white label. The bottom numbers are your radio code. Most dealer stick them on the inside of the trunk lid. </quote>

Thanks for the info, I looked there and did not find anything. I have torn the car apart looking for this code slip to no avail, probably will show up right after I get the code! Anyway, back to the origional question of can a radio code be obtained from the serial number of the radio which I got from pressing 1 & 6 when powering on the radio? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:12 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by ShifterKart
......I have torn the car apart looking for this code slip to no avail, probably will show up right after I get the code
Yup. Thats what happened to me. I found it (the little white sticker) down in my tool kit in the trunk. The dealer was confused by my request as well.

Seems everything is a "challenge" for them sometimes.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:32 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

yea it's just a plain white label about an inch by 3. nothing on it to tell you what it is
Old 03-15-2004, 08:00 AM

dude i look everywhere in my car and there was no sticker. that same shit happend to me. The dealer wanted to take out the radio for no reason. I already had the number they needed. .. what i did was call a bunch of other dealer ships.. and i gave them the serial number and the gave it to me right over the phone. just call around..you will find someone willing to help you. Some honda dealer ships sucks.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DOHCS2000
dude i look everywhere in my car and there was no sticker. that same shit happend to me. The dealer wanted to take out the radio for no reason. I already had the number they needed. .. what i did was call a bunch of other dealer ships.. and i gave them the serial number and the gave it to me right over the phone. just call around..you will find someone willing to help you.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:00 AM

Okay, I finally have it going. I did have to take out the radio again because the serial number which showed up when I pressed the 1 & 6 buttons when I turned the radio on was missing three letters. The radio serial number was CBM and then the rest of the numbers from the radio. Once I had this CBM on the front Honda could provide me with the code. What a pain in the a**. Thanks for all the help, at least driving this car without a radio is a whole lot more fun than most!

Kevin
Old 03-15-2004, 01:39 PM

I had a similar problem with mine. The honda dealership wanted to pull my radio to look for the serial number. (couldn't find it anywhere in the car). I had a carfax which showed where my car was originally purchased, and I called a honda dealership around there.. It wasn't the right dealership, but the guy on the phone was really cool and he looked up my VIN and told me where my car was originally purchased. The original dealership keeps the codes for the cars they sell. I called the original dealership, gave them my VIN and they gave me the code over the phone!! COOL!! I didn't have to rip the radio out after all!!