S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The Quietest Single Exhaust...

Old 06-11-2005, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FastesdSilverS,Jun 11 2005, 01:44 PM
J's 60RS has very decent sound for streer

no drone !! super light !!! looks so good !!!
Old 06-11-2005, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the coolest things (external) i thought about the S was the dual exhaust out the rear.

Why would you want to change it to look like some eclipse, or miata exhaust? (single tip, sticking out digonally looks hidious in my opinion. WAY ricey)
Old 06-11-2005, 10:10 PM

I never thought that J's single would be quiet...maybe i outta check into that, since the hp gains are apparently insane (compared to others) as well...
Old 06-12-2005, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by tripleblackS2K,Jun 11 2005, 02:59 PM
One of the coolest things (external) i thought about the S was the dual exhaust out the rear.

Why would you want to change it to look like some eclipse, or miata exhaust? (single tip, sticking out digonally looks hidious in my opinion. WAY ricey)
I thought the dual exhaust was one of the coolest thing on the S, too. However, I think the single exhaust gives the S more of a serious look to it considering single exhaust saves weight and gives more hp than dual. But since I'm not a hardcore racer, I prefer the dual exhaust because of the looks.

~Josh
Old 06-12-2005, 06:22 AM

i wonder why u guys didn't mention the T1R 63mm !! ``
quitest single i've heard

Old 06-12-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the T1R and it is very quiet with the silencer in place. If I am just riding around town or driving it to work I pu it in and its almost like stock. Then when I want to go have some fun on the back roads I pull the silencer and let it roar!

BTW- I agree that the dual exhaust LOOKS better on the S, but thats all it is looks. A four cylinder engine has one exhaust bank and a single exhaust running from the header back. Having a dual exhaust on any inline engine doesn't make sense. I can see it in a true dual set up on V6's and V8's then it makes sense. the dual on our cars is just for LOOKS.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by ROLLINS,Jun 12 2005, 09:58 AM
I have the T1R and it is very quiet with the silencer in place. If I am just riding around town or driving it to work I pu it in and its almost like stock. Then when I want to go have some fun on the back roads I pull the silencer and let it roar!

BTW- I agree that the dual exhaust LOOKS better on the S, but thats all it is looks. A four cylinder engine has one exhaust bank and a single exhaust running from the header back. Having a dual exhaust on any inline engine doesn't make sense. I can see it in a true dual set up on V6's and V8's then it makes sense. the dual on our cars is just for LOOKS.
I agree but even in some V6 engines like the 350Z it is for looks as well because the 350Z exhaust is not true dual either.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by LubedKoala,Jun 11 2005, 01:41 PM
I've found that the HKS hi-power exhausts are pretty quiet
Are you serious? I just put on my HKS hi power single and its not quite ...It sounds amazing (VERY deep and throaty) however it is fairly loud...Not that's a bad thing in my book ...I love my exhaust...And a silencer for long long trips will be my only mod to it
Old 06-12-2005, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by ROLLINS,Jun 12 2005, 09:58 AM

...I heard rollins car this weekend...Silencer out i beleive...and it sounded amazing
Old 06-12-2005, 02:29 PM

^ BTW...thank you very much for the help of chaging out my OEM for the hks one ...Rollins is a hell of a guy in my book

Quick Reply: The Quietest Single Exhaust...