S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Questions for those who bought Lucid's rear speakers?

Old 04-08-2003, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for those who bought Lucid's rear speakers?

I am thinking about buying one of Lucid's rear speaker systems, and just have a few questions for people who have already installed them.
1. Which speakers did you go with?
2. Did you also buy the door speaker upgrade?
3. How easy was the installation?

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:16 PM

I bought both Lucid's rear and door speaker set ups. For the rears, I bought 4.5" Diamond Audios, and for the doors, I bought the DA HEX S600 component set. Installation was quite straightforward, as clearly written installation instructions (w/ photos) were enclosed with the shipment. They sound amazing. One very cool thing about the Diamond Audio's: If you are going to be running a separate amplifier (as I am), the Hex crossovers have a third output to hook up the rear speakers. This third 'ambient' output allows the rears to add 'fill' to your overall sound. I'm not an audio expert by any means, but the result is quite good.

As an aside regarding Lucid's service - One of the tweeters I received was defective. I called them to see what could be done, and received a replacement quite quickly without question. I am extremely pleased with the speakers and their customer service was amazing.

Good Luck!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:24 PM

Sleepy,

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleepy
[B]I bought both Lucid's rear and door speaker set ups. For the rears, I bought 4.5" Diamond Audios, and for the doors, I bought the DA HEX S600 component set. Installation was quite straightforward, as clearly written installation instructions (w/ photos) were enclosed with the shipment. They sound amazing. One very cool thing about the Diamond Audio's: If you are going to be running a separate amplifier (as I am), the Hex crossovers have a third output to hook up the rear speakers. This third 'ambient' output allows the rears to add 'fill' to your overall sound. I'm not an audio expert by any means, but the result is quite good.

As an aside regarding Lucid's service - One of the tweeters I received was defective. I called them to see what could be done, and received a replacement quite quickly without question. I am extremely pleased with the speakers and their customer service was amazing.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my installation was even easier-
1. buy lucid's speakers
2. take to installation shop
3. listen to music!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 08:15 PM

Thanks for the props, the S600S DAs were by request -- not on the site. They require use of a quality amp but dollar for dollar these are the best speakers you can install in your S.

Properly tuned w/ a good sub its amazing.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought and installed the Lanzar Neo speaker upgrade. I still run the stock door speakers. Installation was easy, anybody with half a brain can do it!
Old 04-09-2003, 06:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucid
[B]Thanks for the props, the S600S DAs were by request -- not on the site.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:19 AM

Hey, I got the rears. Forget which, they were the most expensive at Lucid's site if I remember correctly. Came with the panels (perfectly matched to my blue interior because they are OEM parts). I installed them at night, with a flashlight and under the watchful eye of my woman (I'm not sure why, but I get nervous when she watches me do stuff like this...it's like she's planning the "I told you not to get ____. I told you. Why must you tinker with everything?..." Then she'll purse her lips. The best answer I've ever come up with is "You knew what you were getting into! You knew!" which is a pretty lame response.) Anyhow, the install went fine. I noted a remarkable improvement in sound immediately and have not regretted the modification. Yes, the sound is a bit muffled by the proximity of the seat back (and mine are almost all the way back) but when the top's down I can hear everything and I didn't have to spend the big bucks on an aftermarket deck, on an amp, or on aftermarket door speakers. The rears round out the sound and increase the volume. And hell, I'm no audiophile, and if I was I'd probably drive a friggin' Lexus, I love the wind and the noise and the less than perfect sound...as long as it's loud enough to drown out MY singing as I drive.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:39 AM

bibbastook, you said that the sound was a bit muffled by the seats, I have both my seats all the way back, would the rear speakers be pointless for me then?

Quick Reply: Questions for those who bought Lucid's rear speakers?