S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Question for those of you w/ red interiors

Old 03-05-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those of you w/ red interiors

I've always been a fan of the red interior (not the one w/ the red dash, but not the red/black either, just the "basic" red where the seats/carpet are red) but was wondering how I would feel after X months/years of ownership. Do you guys still like your red? Do you wish you had gone w/ the "safer" choice of black? I've found a GPW/Red (MY 01) that looks pretty sharp and it's been owned/driven by a lady since 03 w/ all service records. I think I'm going to pull the trigger, but am wondering if I may regret the red after a while. I'm thinking I won't, but just wanted to see how the red has worn on you all.

Does anyone have pics of their GPW/red cars? I've searched on here but keep getting all these old posts where the pics don't work anymore.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

I've got the red seats/carpet and door inserts, black dash, roll hoops, interior plastics, etc.

Originally I was looking for a yellow/black AP1, but when I saw the red/black in silverstone, I decided I liked the more subdued exterior color with a more exuberant interior scheme. Loved it a year ago when I bought it, still love it.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:21 PM

silverstone with red... love it...
Old 03-05-2008, 02:42 PM

I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would have gone for the red or yellow exterior, but the red seats and carpet were just too sharp looking to pass up.

Four years later, I'm glad I did, every time I step into the cockpit.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Magmir,Mar 5 2008, 06:14 PM
I've always been a fan of the red interior (not the one w/ the red dash, but not the red/black either, just the "basic" red where the seats/carpet are red) but was wondering how I would feel after X months/years of ownership. Do you guys still like your red? Do you wish you had gone w/ the "safer" choice of black? I've found a GPW/Red (MY 01) that looks pretty sharp and it's been owned/driven by a lady since 03 w/ all service records. I think I'm going to pull the trigger, but am wondering if I may regret the red after a while. I'm thinking I won't, but just wanted to see how the red has worn on you all.

Does anyone have pics of their GPW/red cars? I've searched on here but keep getting all these old posts where the pics don't work anymore.
Just curious, have you ever seen one with the red dash IN PERSON?
Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM

No

Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 PM

I have the black and red and love it. The all red was a little over the top to me, kind of like the all blue that came in Sazuka S's.

My friend Tony "Mugen EP" has an all red interior and since he has added some mods inside it has started to grow on me a little more, but I would still prefer B/R combo over the solid red interior.

Just my .02 cents
Old 03-05-2008, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by neveronlines2k,Mar 5 2008, 07:26 PM
I have the black and red and love it. The all red was a little over the top to me, kind of like the all blue that came in Sazuka S's.

My friend Tony "Mugen EP" has an all red interior and since he has added some mods inside it has started to grow on me a little more, but I would still prefer B/R combo over the solid red interior.

Just my .02 cents
By "all red" do you mean ALL RED, or just the seats/carpet red w/ the dash black?

I tried adding a picture of the exact car I'm talking about, but can't seem to get it. If someone can post it PM me or let me know and I'll send the pic to you and you can post.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM

ALL red here, seats, carpet, dash, roll hoops etc and I love it. Never once Have a I doubted my decision. I knew the all red interior was for me the moment I saw it in person
Old 03-05-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Magmir,Mar 5 2008, 07:21 PM
No
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChiS2K
[B]My car has the all red interior.

Quick Reply: Question for those of you w/ red interiors