S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Question to S2K owners.....

Old 04-03-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=winson123,Apr 3 2006, 02:08 AM][QUOTE=S2kracka @ Apr 2 2006, 11:55 PM]
You'll get the same answers here as you will on any other forum by simply taking "S2000" out of your questions and inserting countless other car names. People buy what best suites their needs in the price range they can afford.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:34 AM

If you look at all the replies that have been posted so far, they're very mature. Reasons are given to why we think the s2000 is best suited for us without that arrogant attitude that you are claiming this board has.

The question is, do you think that if you posted this in another auto enthusiast forum such as ones for the 350z, sti, evo, porsche, ferrari, etc., would they reply in the manner that has been represented in this thread, or would they just flame you to holy hell?

In the end, we're all AUTO enthusiasts no matter what car we deem worthy in our opinion. Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-03-2006, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Not4long,Apr 2 2006, 10:29 PM
Thats nothing but an opinion. 35K isnt exactly a bargan. there are soooo many cars out there for 35k and under. I wanted facts on why its better not opinions
How can you provide facts on something as subjective as which car you prefer? How do you quantitively measure driving enjoyment? If you look only in objective terms, then the SRT-4 is the best car 3V4R because it is teh F4S3R.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Not4long,Apr 2 2006, 10:29 PM
Thats nothing but an opinion. 35K isnt exactly a bargan. there are soooo many cars out there for 35k and under.
I bought my new 2005 S2k for $29,200 (including freight) + tax & tags. Do some research on the prices.

It is simply the performance value/car for me. It might not be for somebody else.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's an enthusiasts thread you tampon- what do you expect? We're here to share our love and attachment to the S2000. Go to any other enthusiast site, you'll see your question is applicable in most every forum.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:17 AM

Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I don't recall ever doing that personally, but most people like to believe that a $30,000+ purchase was the correct decision

For me, the S2000 was the best choice for the price because I like it's driving characteristics more than the cars I compated it against and practicality wasn't a concern for me.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Somebody please,

LOCK THIS THREAD!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Not4long,Apr 3 2006, 01:39 AM
from what i have read

all these cars are similar and close in price: 350Z, G35, Miata (not sure which one), Rx7, supra, EVO, STI, mustang, Trans Am... im sure there are more

Im not doubting the S2K im just trying to understand why you guys dont think any other car can even compair to it.
Well since you just named a list of cars that I have happened to drive, I'll discuss them directly.

350Z: I've driven coupes and roadsters and enjoyed them. My previous Nissan experience hasn't been great and I wasn't looking forward to buying another Nissan, but beyond that the steering response and feedback to the driver are far lower in this car than the S2000. I also didn't like how heavy the car felt as I prefer the feeling of nimble cars.

G35: This car feels confused, it sorta wants to be a sports car, but has to be a luxury car at the same time. It just didn't work for me as I wanted more of a sports car that had good feedback to the driver. More expensive and even heavier than the 350Z. Horrible seats IMO also and severe lack of headroom (matters for me as I couldn't wear a helmet in one because of the lack of headroom).

Miata: Great car, excellent driver feedback, but not enough power for me at this point. They really need more power in this car, perhaps the next Mazdaspeed version will finally give it the power it needs.

RX7: Well it depends on generation, since they don't sell them anymore. I love RX7's, have owned a few of them and have crewed for an RX7 race car. If I was looking for an older used car an FD would be high on the list with MR2 Turbos and some other cars but if one is looking for a new car you obviously can't include this one. I would also be one of those people that would put an LS1 into an FD as I've fixed more than my share of rotaries and don't want to deal with that crap again.

Supra: Again, you are looking used here. Last gen supras have always made me bored. They are just too.. refined and insulated I guess. If I wanted an easy to build fast import drag car I'd get a supra though, but that's not what I was looking for.

EVO: I actually like this car, although Mitsu build quality is still too low for the money you spend on this car IMO. Fantastic car though, if I wanted 4 doors, AWD and Boost then this and the STI would be a tough choice.

STI: See the EVO, a little less responsive, but more civilized. I'd llikely ean towards this over the EVO just because I trust the brand more.

Mustang: I drove a brand new GT before buying my 06 S2K and I liked it more than the new GTO I drove right before that. Build quality has dramatically increased on the new Mustangs but the driver feedback was still missing.. and those seats... ugh.

Trans Am: Well we are once again going into the only-used market, and while I love the TA, I'd get a new Mustang GT instead, neither of these cars are exactly high quality interior/fit and finish wise but both are great cars for their own purpose.

You are truely comparing apples and oranges, none of the cars you listed even compete in the same market as the S2000 with the exception of the 350Z roadster and Miata (yes, there were FC verts, mustang verts, TA verts, but those are either very old or not in the same class still, the closest being the Mustang GT vert).

If you want to compare the S2K to cars in it's class you can use the Porsche Boxster, BMW Z4, SLK, etc.

The above info is my opinion based on what I wanted in my next car. Whether or not an S2000 is right for you is up to you, not us. I bought mine because I love driving it and I love the feedback that it gives me.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

we're not really big-headed people who think our cars are better than everyone else's out there, but we naturally get excited when we're all on a huge forum together.

Quick Reply: Question to S2K owners.....