S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Post Your Leather Questions Here...They will get a

Old 09-13-2003, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But give them the time they said it would take and then if its still bad, go back to them, just don't jump right in now, it could aggrevate them that you have not listened to their recommendations.
well, they reccommended a week or two to tighten up...it has been almost 3 months now!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tritium_pie
[B]in another thread I read a while back, I believe it was concluded that the only leather parts of our car are the sections that are perforated, namely the center seat and center back sections, as well as the elbow rest on the center console.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:55 AM

Has anyone installed the [Rick's] leather sunvisor covers?
What is your opinion of them?

Thanks,
-Steve
Old 09-13-2003, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by fltsfshr
Here's a couple questions?

Where is a good source to buy leather with as close a color match to honda red as I can get?

What should I look for when buying leather to make sure it's good quality etc

What type of thread should I use to best withstand the elements and not hurt the leather?

Whats the best way to keep leather from sweat staining and protect it from them?

thanks

fltsfshr
In terms of purchasing leather, Townsend Leather is by far the highest quality leather available on the market today, which is why The Leather Institute joined up with Townsend Leather to help in creation of The Townsend Leather Group. They specialize in custom leather, they can match any quality, color, feel, etc. If you wish to speak with me about your purchase of leather, sicne I am very familiar with the S2000, you can buy Townsend Leather for the same price through us as you would directly from them, essentially we are the same company. The Leather Institute phone number is 732-291-1891 and just ask for me, Sean.

When you said thread, you were speain in upholstery terms, I am on the care and maintenance side of the business, but can look into it for you. PM me if you want more details.

The best way to keep from sweat stains and protect it is again the Cleaner, Conditioner, and Protector that we offer through our website. www.leatherinstitute.com Use the Cleaner for Finished Leather first to get rid of all the dirt and grime, then the CCP for best result, although if you choose to use the CCP, it can stand alone.

I do not want people to think this is a huge plug, but to tell you the truth these are the products I am most familiar with and trust 100%, so for me to send you elsewhere, I can't stand by someone else the way I do with our own. Please understand this, don't think there aren't other good products, but I may not know them quite as well and thus can not speak on behalf of them.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Destiny2002
[B]What is a topcoat?
Old 09-13-2003, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my opinion here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=109277

I still think they are awesome. I took them off and put them back on, paying attention to how the front seam orients (the front edge now looks more smooth than the pictures).

Originally posted by meriggi
Has anyone installed the [Rick's] leather sunvisor covers?
What is your opinion of them?

Thanks,
-Steve
Old 09-13-2003, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by Johnny--2K

well, they reccommended a week or two to tighten up...it has been almost 3 months now!
In that case, its not gonna happen, see if they can do something more for you if you are still really dissatisfied, or send me some pics and I can give you a better idea of whats going on with it r stop by if you are in NJ or nearby, just call ahead to make sure I am in.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 09-13-2003, 10:06 AM

Rick's products are made using Townsend Leather...we have a bunch of the stuff, it is great!!!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:08 AM

well, im in wisconsin, so NJ is quite a drive for me...i will get some pics tonight and post them!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure about #4 and #5, especially the door cutouts? This sure seems like vinyl to me.

When you talk about seat "outsides", you mean just the back, right?

Originally posted by 2002S2K

The entire seating areas are leather, including the area of the bolsters you will sit on, the outsides are definitely vinyl.

List of leather items.

4. Arm rest behind cupholder that is also perforated
5. Door cutouts

The thing is, you can just buy a leather cleaner and use it all over, no need to get the vinyl stuff too.

Rule of Thumb - you can use leather products on vinyl, you can not use vinyl products on leather.

Quick Reply: Post Your Leather Questions Here...They will get a