S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Please think twice about selling stock exhaust

Old 03-11-2004, 09:33 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Please think twice about selling stock exhaust

I see so many posts where people are giving away the stock exhaust or selling it for $50 or less. Please think twice about this. First, the dealer price for the stock exhaust is over $400 I believe. Second, when you go to sell the car, you will be much better off trying to sell a car with the stock exhaust as it will appeal to many more people stock. Most people will not pay more for your car because of the aftermarket exhaust. Third, when you sell your car, the aftermarket exhaust should sell here for at least half of what you paid for it, so why give it away on your car? Fourth, if you are planning to keep your car forever, the day may well come that you want to return it to stock for originality.

I know some folks live in an apartment or very small house and have no room, but if it isn't really in your way you should try to keep it.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

i agree.....

except they are very big and bulky...... I have a full basement and I hated looking at the fugly thing..... but my car now is track only..... but I did previously (2 other s2000's) keep my stock exhaust and return the cars to stock before selling..... better resale and sell the aftermarket parts like you said.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scot
i agree.....
Old 03-11-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree.

I've found that if I don't have space to store something, I can usually find a relative that does have space.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:01 AM

hahaha.. I took mine out.. polished the tips and the resonator, and now have it chillin against the wall
Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

better make sure they are some tough straps.... that er is heavy!

they are so damned cumbersome too.....99% of the weight in the mufflers then 7' of pipe...."7' of pipe" was my nickname in college

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Legal Bill
Old 03-11-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 782 Likes on 532 Posts

Good point. I am selling my car for an 04. I am selling my super sprint exhaust to a friend and in turn I will be putting his almost new stock exhaust back on my car. I debated on whether the super sprint would enhance the value of the car but now I agree that the stock would appeal to a broader market. I sold the super sprint and will be getting free removal plus installation of the stock exhaust.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by S2KRAY
....................................I sold the super sprint and will be getting free removal plus installation of the stock exhaust.

Actually it is going to cost you a few beers Ray.......
Old 03-12-2004, 07:11 AM

But the very best reason for not selling the stock exhaust...

Aftermarket pipes, in general, sound like crap. There, I said it. I know I'm probably offending lots of you by saying it, but it just makes more noise pollution, plain and simple, in exchange for maybe a few extra HP. Sport Bikes have the same problem, people put aftermarket pipes on their CBR110,000's and all it does is make non-motorcyclists hate motorcyclists more, because of the noise. The same is true of cars. Also if I can hear your thumping sub-woofers before I can see your car, you need to turn down the volume. Yes, I'm an "older" driver, can you tell? [Flamesuit_On]
Old 03-12-2004, 08:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by djohnston
But the very best reason for not selling the stock exhaust...

Aftermarket pipes, in general, sound like crap.

Quick Reply: Please think twice about selling stock exhaust