S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Please don't get rid of it...

Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please don't get rid of it...

Hey guys/gals, it's been over a year now since I've sold my S2K (MY06 Sebring Silver)and it has been one of my biggest regrets in my life! I know it sounds a little drastic but it's the only thing I can say to sum up my feelings. The need came up to sell my S2K last year as I was getting married and other reasons which wouldn't allow me to keep her. Once, I sold it I got into a 2009 Lancer Ralliart and it definitely wasn't anything close to the S. The handling was loose and sloppy and not too much fun to drive. Don't get me wrong the power in the car was plenty but I just couldn't stand driving a 4-door sedan with a turbo(no offense to those who have turbos). Unfortunately, the days of owning the Ralliart came to an end way too soon as it was completely totaled by a truck (big big truck!). Now, I am in a eco-SUV (it's a small eco engine...2.0L V4) which is very comfy but all driving passion has gone out the window. I am now left with seeing other S2Ks pass me and I can't help but just turn down the radio, open the windows, and hear it go by. I knew when I sold the S that I would miss it but I never thought it would be this much. I know many people getting attached to his/her car but I would say the attachment to the S is different. I see it more of an extension of me and who I am. So, the moral of the story is that don't get rid of the S (unless dire circumstances are before you). Believe me, you'll regret it!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 PM

This is said about the S more than any other car I know of and I agree. The S has a very unique responsive feel to it that can't be duplicated in any other car no matter how much you mod it.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Sold my S around 3 years ago and I feel exactly the same way. In the process of saving up for a replacement for my wifes aging car and I'm going to try really hard to save up for a S right after that.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Great post. I'm thinking about selling my S I've worked so hard on to get mint because I want to wait for my CR, but I'm so afraid I will never get back in it if I can't find that one and all my hard work, love for the car, and time goes down the drain.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No matter what I did, what I drove, and how much time passed, I had to end up with another S2000 in the end...

2KhotGPW, I personally wouldn't sell a clean S2000 for a CR... Assuming your current car is in good condition, why not replace the suspension, sways, and get a wing? Unless you appreciate the rarity of the CR in its factory form, than that's another story which I can fully understand. Just talking from a practical standpoint.

Joe
Old 10-12-2011, 04:15 PM

I came really close recently to getting rid of mine because I have a child on the way and I will say the thought made me the most depressed I've ever been. Lol I'm glad I didn't. I never want to be without it
Old 10-12-2011, 04:47 PM

I'm so glad it was my fiancees idea to keep the s and just get a beater when we have kids.

I dont think I could ever get rid of it. Cept maybe for a nsx. =]
Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Jbkonis, yea its the later. I definitely appreciate a stock CR. The exclusivity, honda r&d, track specd etc. I could throw aftermarket on but I just don't have patience to tinker and find the perfect settings. Just give me what works and tested.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had two S2000 and sold both of them. i feel really empty right now. i miss this car a lot and think of getting another one one day. i know exactly what you mean. everyone who can afford to keep them - do it!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Quick Reply: Please don't get rid of it...