S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Plastic Windo replacement help please...

Old 10-30-2001, 09:09 PM
Zot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic Windo replacement help please...

Hi all.

I am doing some investigating and info gathering to try and get my plastic window replaced. I purchased my S2K used. It is still under original manufacturers warranty and is a CERTIFIED used Honda. The problem I am having as maybe some others have run into is getting the previously scratched window replaced.

I have read a few threads here about how others have had theirs replaced by the dealer under warranty but I am having trouble getting my dealer to do the same. A one time replacement if I remember correctly. My arguement is that IF the window was scratched previous to me buying it, which it was, then it should have been replaced. i.e. if the windshield or side windows were cracked and damaged they would have been replaced also. This is not a AS IS purchase.

The dealer has talked with their REP, at Honda and they said it is a previous condition. Not sure how they justify this as it should have been replaced since it WAS a previous condition.

What I am asking is for as much feed back as I can get on IF you were able to get the window replaced, how did you do it?

Under what circumstances?

What information did you need?

Was it covered under warranty?

If you were not able to, what did the dealer tell you?

I have all the TSB's there are on the rear plastic window. Hondo discovered or at least admitted they had a problem AFTER the fact. They came out with the TSB on how to take care of the window but failed to give this information to customers until the damage was done and people started to complain. TSB 00-0037 dated April 2000.

They now have TSB with instructions on for mechanics on how to repalce the window TSB 00-0048 dated Sept. 26th 2000.

We all know of course we were told they could not put a glass window in and now they have done that. I do not care about the glass as much as just getting the damaged window replaced as it should have been from the beginning. There is no retrofit for pre 2002's to even pay for on our own to get the glass window.

I am hoping we can gather all this info in one place and get it out to Honda to let them know AGAIN and again and again if need be. There are of course after market items to help protect from scratching the window which were not made available until after the damage was done. Honda did not help with this nor did they inform us until they started receiving complaints.

Please...any information will help us all get the window replaced if under warranty. I am of course trying to help myself here, but if I can do some of the major footwork done and help others out as well that may be having issues then all the better.

Thanks in advance for the assist.

Zot
Old 10-30-2001, 11:58 PM

haha you know what I just realized?? I just posted a similar post, I think all you need is what I'm asking for. Look at my post, hopefully people put down their names and what dealers did it for them, that should convince the dealer you're working with to do it.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:18 AM

I think all of the plastic window replacements that were done int he past were a one time good will gesture. That just means that they don't have to replace the window under warranty. I'm not sure how you would qualify for this good will gesture.