S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Plastic Wind Deflectors in front of Tires

Old 05-20-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know the cost for a set?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2krey,May 20 2008, 03:27 PM
Anyone know the cost for a set?
Majestic has them for $11.45 a piece.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:57 AM

yep keep them on!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hondaf1,May 20 2008, 01:26 PM
if you're still loosing sleep because of my post. go lay your head on a rail road track and wait for a train to go by.
you got me laughing with your response
Old 05-20-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by hondaf1,May 20 2008, 02:26 PM
if you're still loosing sleep because of my post. go lay your head on a rail road track and wait for a train to go by.
When Regan was President he kept a notepad in the desk in the oval office.
The following words appeared across the top of each sheet of note paper:

"Don't let the turkey's get you down."

No matter what one thinks of Ronald Regan, that's good advice.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by daktruckie99,May 20 2008, 02:35 PM
Majestic has them for $11.45 a piece.
Because my car is lowered, my front strakes tend to get pretty beat up. There is less than 2 inches between the bottom of the strakes and the road, so they'll often scrap on speed bumps, and hitting a pylon can tear the strakes right off the car. I replace my front strakes regularly (at least once a year), whenever they start looking ratty. If you want to keep the car "near new" for a long time, you've got to stay on top of the small $$hit.

The front strakes are made of flexable material because Honda knew they'd take lots of impacts. They are also designed to break away cleanly without damaging any other parts of the car, should they take a heavy impact (like running over a large pylon). Additionally, they're designed to be trivial to replace, and they're cheap to buy, so IMO they sould be considered a maintainence item, and should be replaced periodically, as a part of the normal upkeep of the car.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by RED MX5,May 20 2008, 03:16 PM
When Regan was President he kept a notepad in the desk in the oval office.
The following words appeared across the top of each sheet of note paper:

"Don't let the turkey's get you down."

No matter what one thinks of Ronald Regan, that's good advice.
I don't know if I'd call sparrow a turkey. I can think of a few more descriptive words for him, but turkey isn't one of them

j/k Anthony
Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 PM

cool thanks for the responses guys..
but heres a question for you guys..
if lets say, the front strake is roughly 1 and a half inches long which means it covers the tires 1 and a half inches more than the front bumper does, if i lower my car 1 and a half inches, does this mean by removing the front strakes, basically i would have the same advantage of having the strakes on there at stock height? of course if i keep the strakes on there if my car is lowered there would be a greater advantage of reducing lift but if i remove them at least it would be equal to stock?

of course there are going to be guys on here that are stuck on the mentality of just keep them on regardless but in this situation what do you guys think? i could be completely wrong, so bare with me..
Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NightShark,May 21 2008, 03:14 PM
cool thanks for the responses guys..
but heres a question for you guys..
if lets say, the front strake is roughly 1 and a half inches long which means it covers the tires 1 and a half inches more than the front bumper does, if i lower my car 1 and a half inches, does this mean by removing the front strakes, basically i would have the same advantage of having the strakes on there at stock height? of course if i keep the strakes on there if my car is lowered there would be a greater advantage of reducing lift but if i remove them at least it would be equal to stock?

of course there are going to be guys on here that are stuck on the mentality of just keep them on regardless but in this situation what do you guys think? i could be completely wrong, so bare with me..
that sounds reasonable to me in a quick & dirty sort of way. doesn't mean its right, but its a start.

to get a slightly better (but still quick & dirty) idea, look under the car. if you picture streamlines of air and see how they'd be pushed around, that will tell you something of the effects. if there appears to be an airflow path that would be screwed up by removing them, then keep that in mind. if it doesn't look like it will mess anything up, you could try it--after alignment, add and remove them and tell us if it's different enough to feel any effect.

that certainly wouldn't be conclusive, but at least it would be a voice of experience, and it would be worth a lot more than my guess from behind the keyboard.

Quick Reply: Plastic Wind Deflectors in front of Tires