S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Plastic Wind Deflectors in front of Tires

Old 05-19-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pistolpete17,May 19 2008, 12:09 PM
Don't be dumb and take them off.

This moron took his off..........see what happened to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrr-j-c1mXM
Old 05-19-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by hondaf1,May 19 2008, 10:32 AM
this is a debate and i'm just stating my opinion. if you have concrete data stating other wise, show it and i'll shut up.

if it's so beneficial, how come no other auto manufacture have caught on to this miracle. how come honda didn't put it on their other high performance cars.
Not all opinions are created equal.

Honda has discussed the purpose of the strakes. THEY say that the strakes are there to reduce lift that is caused by air hitting the wide front tires. Honda's "opinions" on this kind of thing carry more weight than the bullshit people on the Web make up.

I ran my (lowered) car for a while without the strakes, and know from that experience that the strakes DO affect high speed stability, so it is also my opinion that they are there for aerodynamic purposes.

I actually can't imagine how the strakes would have any significant affect on any water, under any circumstances, so why don't we sack all the opinions and stick to hard facts.

FACT: Honda says the strakes improve the aerodynamics in the critical area in front of the tires.

FACT: Little spoilers in front of the tires WILL improve the aerodynamics in the critical area in front of the tires.

FACT: The strakes on the S2000 *DO* improve high speed stability (there is obviously more lift at speed without them).

I can't think of any facts related to water, so if we leave out the opinions, what's left?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 PM

Any time anyone comes into a techincal discussion and starts claiming that it's all just a matter of opinion, you instantly know that they don't have a clue.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by hondaf1,May 19 2008, 11:45 AM
ok, i stand corrected.
thanks for posting the pics.

but i can't see it being that much beneficial to the Lexus LS460 because it's really a performance car, not even in it's class. and it's a heavy ass car, i don't think it would have high speed stability problems to begin with.
Oops, my bad.
LOL, see what happens when we respond before reading the entire thread.

Sorry for correcting the error "yet again." My bad for sure.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 PM

the new Camry's have them too.. have to install them on every pdi lol
Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My car didn't come with any. I need to find a set soon.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look under the front end of the car when it's lifted, it's immediately apparent that they're part of a complete and well thought out air management system. They reduce lift and also direct cooling air to the brakes.

But I'm sure you don't need them.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:50 AM

hhmmm I just noticed Im missing the one on my driver side I wonder if I should replace it or remove the other ...
Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hondaf1,May 19 2008, 12:45 PM
ok, i stand corrected.
thanks for posting the pics.

but i can't see it being that much beneficial to the Lexus LS460 because it's really a performance car, not even in it's class. and it's a heavy ass car, i don't think it would have high speed stability problems to begin with.
what got me is how you even remotely thought that they were splashguards to prevent water from miraculously going over the car when these items are directly under the car...so i guess honda did that but didnt give it mud flaps
Old 05-20-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sparrow,May 20 2008, 09:49 AM
what got me is how you even remotely thought that they were splashguards to prevent water from miraculously going over the car when these items are directly under the car...so i guess honda did that but didnt give it mud flaps
you guys take this internet thing too seriously.
i wasn't preaching from the bible. i was just stating what i THOUGHT they were for from my own observations. i appreciate the people who contribute to the post by posting good information instead of these post whore who just flame people.

if you're still loosing sleep because of my post. go lay your head on a rail road track and wait for a train to go by.

Quick Reply: Plastic Wind Deflectors in front of Tires