S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pictures after my accident

Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch glad your ok i know how it feels
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tritium_pie,Jan 13 2008, 06:32 PM
ya know, IMHO you guys are getting a bit overworked up over freq's comments.

I mean-- really, c'mon guys-- this is the Internet and I've read a LOT more offensive/tasteless commentary that might justify everyone getting so up-in-arms.

nobody died. nobody said they wished anyone died, or anyone's mother died, or anyone's baby died. nobody laughed at someone's death, pain, dismemberment, etc.

at WORST (from what I read) someone suggested that perhaps an accident may have been driver error, which the driver "conveniently" has forgotten? (for whatever reasons) <-- this isn't what I thought, but I don't give a hot shit that freq did, may have, or still may believe.

maybe I'm just numbed to what I read on the 'net now, but really, seriously-- you guys are getting a bit overworked. and yeah, I know he's a mod, so perhaps is held to a slightly higher "moral" standard than everyone else on this site. but these reactions are a bit out of proportion, IMO.

mind you, I don't know freq and he certainly doesn't need me to speak up in his defense... but really, before a full blown flamewar bursts forth-- directed at me or freq-- please, just relax.

just my humble $.02 of course

and more to that point-- IF any of you are now preparing to just type up some deliciously scathing remark at me for what I just said-- well, enjoy yourself, because I won't be replying... this "issue" is just too petty for the reasons I stated above.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM

I imagine your head hit the roof hinge that is above and to the left of our heads when are driving. Look up at it, it is an evil little bugger that has "I am going to gash your little head open" written all over it. When I slid sideways and stopped abruptly (less than 25mph) I cracked my head on it. No cut, but I got a wicked bump.

I have been thinking of putting some sort of styrofoam pad on it but it would be such a pain when putting the top up and down. Some one here should make one.

Glad you are ok for the most part. The car can be replaced.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:11 AM
BVE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in a very bad accident myself last month... Integra type R that felt the need to understeer followed by snap oversteer, when I was not 'playing' around... nobody believes me, but hell, who cares... I'm allright!

And just think that same thought: you are alive and kicking!

So basically, let people who want to talk shit, talk shit. Whatever the reason, you got in a bad accident, but you're allright... that's the main thing.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Those are some nasty pics...you are very fortunate! It is too bad how many threads out here turn into verbal confrontations. People are so quick to judge when they know nothing about the circumstances. Ignore all that and get well soon!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:54 AM

Wow. Glad you're in one piece. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

And if it hasn't been said yet..."That'll buff right out!"

(and if by some chance it doesn't...hope you get another S soon!)
Old 01-14-2008, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by tritium_pie,Jan 13 2008, 04:44 PM
also, what's all the stuff on your seat? (inappropriate humor removed )
It's dried mud from the bottom of the canal i was in. Guessing the rescue people had to pull some acrobatics to get me out of the car without moving my neck/spine (they feared I'd have spinal injuries).

Thanks everyone for the continued support. Missing the car more and more every day but thankful the last thing it did was save my life.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sabre,Jan 14 2008, 12:21 AM
FACTS:
I guess some people think it's OK to lie when it's to their advantage.
I find it unacceptable, and consider it immoral.
That should make it clear how much or how little I disagree, and also explain why, so I'll say no more about it.

OPINIONS:
Lying is not my way, and those of you who approve of it are pissing into the wind trying to convince anyone else who values honesty that it's actually OK. It's not. Period. No exceptions.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

omg!! good thing your ok !!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Head trauma's are notorious for causing memory loss. It's true. I believe him when he says he can't remember what happened, it's very very common.

Quick Reply: Pictures after my accident