S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pictures after my accident

Old 01-13-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:53 PM

VERY glad you made it out ok.
yet another shining example of how safe/well-built our little cars are

I'm wondering though how the heck your head could've bashed into the door? or what else it might've bashed into? with a seatbelt on, the strap across your shoulder should've held your head away from the door or anything else.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by tritium_pie,Jan 13 2008, 01:53 PM
I'm wondering though how the heck your head could've bashed into the door? or what else it might've bashed into? with a seatbelt on, the strap across your shoulder should've held your head away from the door or anything else.
The theory is my head got gashed by the left convertible latch and then bled on the door when the car stopped moving.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 PM

Glad to see you are pretty much OK. Looks like you must have laid your head over onto the driver's door and donated some plasma. Very fortunate there was nothing in the canal to intrude into the cabin! Wishing you a quick recovery.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Glad you're okay, man.
Hope you get well soon.
Take care of yourself.

Dan
Old 01-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by chimaera2008,Jan 13 2008, 02:55 PM
The theory is my head got gashed by the left convertible latch and then bled on the door when the car stopped moving.
that's even stranger??

how the heck did it reach the convertible latch? that's even farther away?? do you wear your seatbelt really loose?

also, what's all the stuff on your seat? (inappropriate humor removed )
Old 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM

damn dude. glad to hear youre okay.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:04 PM

Sorry to hear this mate. I hope you won't have any long lasting post traumatic symptoms and recover soon. Then get another one because clearly it gave its life to save yours.

I was in an accident once where the car rolled - no one was injured, but for sure the few seconds before are ' ' whereas I recall exactly what happened during.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Jan 12 2008, 07:21 PM
I'm just sayin'.

That is probably EXACTLY what I would tell my insurance company AND the police.

No apology.
this is a very well run forum that I get lots of useful info from (I actually think it's the best car forum on the web!!) but it IS a for profit business (takes in almost $1.4 million a year from member dues alone) that should not tolerate folks like this as moderators----not only was he very disrespectful to the OP (who survived a horrible accident), he openly talks about his dishonesty.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:32 PM

ya know, IMHO you guys are getting a bit overworked up over freq's comments.

I mean-- really, c'mon guys-- this is the Internet and I've read a LOT more offensive/tasteless commentary that might justify everyone getting so up-in-arms.

nobody died. nobody said they wished anyone died, or anyone's mother died, or anyone's baby died. nobody laughed at someone's death, pain, dismemberment, etc.

at WORST (from what I read) someone suggested that perhaps an accident may have been driver error, which the driver "conveniently" has forgotten? (for whatever reasons) <-- this isn't what I thought, but I don't give a hot shit that freq did, may have, or still may believe.

maybe I'm just numbed to what I read on the 'net now, but really, seriously-- you guys are getting a bit overworked. and yeah, I know he's a mod, so perhaps is held to a slightly higher "moral" standard than everyone else on this site. but these reactions are a bit out of proportion, IMO.

mind you, I don't know freq and he certainly doesn't need me to speak up in his defense... but really, before a full blown flamewar bursts forth-- directed at me or freq-- please, just relax.

just my humble $.02 of course

and more to that point-- IF any of you are now preparing to just type up some deliciously scathing remark at me for what I just said-- well, enjoy yourself, because I won't be replying... this "issue" is just too petty for the reasons I stated above.

Quick Reply: Pictures after my accident