S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pics of new 2002 all red interior!

Old 10-18-2001, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a black/red 2002 on order!

I wish I knew about this sooner!!!

Congrats and THANK YOU for the photo's !!!

What to do ?
Old 10-18-2001, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Keller
[B]Lets put it this
Old 10-18-2001, 05:26 PM

...This just SUCKS!!!

I had a Silver/red ordered since July and now this!
And to make matters even worse my dealer had a silver/black that the buyer backed out on and I posted it on this forum and it sold yesterday and now I see this color and it its butt ugly, the silver/black is sold, and the next shipment is December.

Why didn't Honda place pictures of this outrage in their 2002 brochure. I have spent months waiting and cultivating a relationship with my local dealer (I sent him 4 buying customers) and now I am dealt with this inconceivable blow.

Man, I am pissed!!!

(later)

OK, I'm a little calmer now, Keller thanks for the pics, hope your wife enjoys her car.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by TommyAmrani

THIRD OFF,
that is a lot of red, but I don't think it's ugly as some people here obviosly think...(airgate )
I believe the word I used was HIDEOUS!!!!!!

Ugly is not a fullfilling word for what this looks like! As you can see, several folks here are shocked! If you are going to point fingers in the future TommyAmrani. . .do it properly!

Here's a smiley face so this does'nt affend!
Old 10-18-2001, 07:03 PM

I just put a deposit down on a Suzuka '02. Can i substitute ALL the red for Blue in my new ride? I hope not!

worried...
Old 10-18-2001, 07:50 PM

I'm kind of glad not everyone on this forum likes the new interior color scheme. That just means that there will be fewer cars that look like ours on the road.
Meanwhile, everywhere we have been, we have gotten thumbs-ups, droped-jaws, and plain old chased down by people wanting to see this car
I'm not kidding.
BTW I drive a 97 Supra Twin Turbo and this S2000 gets more positive feedback.
Furthermore I just want to state for the record that I and my wife had the very same reaction that many of you have had to this interior (disgust), but after seeing it in person it's a whole different story. We had the option to purchase a Silver/Black instead because of the surprise and we chose the Black/Red.
It looked like a totally different car, much more aggressive.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:56 PM

Congrats on your new car! It looks different; I like it. People will get used to it once they see several of these on the road.

Thanks for posting the pics and enjoy your ride!
Old 10-18-2001, 07:59 PM

I don't think it's THAT bad. I mean...it's definitely different, but I can dig it. To me though...I liked the raw look of the 2000-2001 models with the full black interior with just red seating/carpets 'cause it just had more of a sports car look. This interior seems more like a fashion statement than a raw F1 inspired 4 bangin' hotrod. But I don't think people should get THAT worked up over it. Just get an all black interior...and you'll be fine.

As for...
Originally posted by moonpie:
I just put a deposit down on a Suzuka '02. Can i substitute ALL the red for Blue in my new ride? I hope not!
The pics have been out for a LONG time with the blue interior and all...

My only concern is about the other color cars...I hope that just 'cause the exterior is Yellow/White/Red/Silver they don't decide to put their respective interiors in to match the body. I think that could be a huge mistake and drive me to drop mad cash to have it redone back to a normal state.

But I think the red dash is kinda neat. I'd opt for one of Rick's Leather Console covers though. In black to give some kinda separation between seats.

But yeah...whatever...if you don't like it...just don't buy one, leave Keller and his new baby alone.
Old 10-18-2001, 08:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ko
[B]What looks silver or black on the back of the
Old 10-18-2001, 08:49 PM

Well, let's just say I'm glad I ordered mine black on black..but I don't think it's ugly. Just not..me.

Quick Reply: Pics of new 2002 all red interior!