S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pics of new 2002 all red interior!

Old 10-18-2001, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIRT OFF,
thanks for the pics...
SECOND OFF,
congratz to you and your wife on the new car
THIRD OFF,
that is a lot of red, but I don't think it's ugly as some people here obviosly think...(airgate )
FOURTH OFF,
only thing i dislike, is the roll bars... THAT PUTS ON WAY TOO MUCH RED AND LOOKS KINDA ODD FROM THE BACK!
FIFTH OFF,
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2001, 11:11 AM

WOW that is a lot of RED.

Can you imagine if you got a RED car with that interior. That would be an interesting look.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:17 AM

Can you imagine if you got a RED car with that interior. That would be an interesting look.
That can easily get you shot in the wrong neighborhood.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:22 AM

Let's get more red in there...install Rick's custom red/black steering wheel!

I would own a S2000 even if it had a pink interior and the infamous VW flower holder.

Congrats and enjoy!

C'mon guys...do you think Honda would create something this tacky? I'm sure that it looks much better in person.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:38 AM

Oh my... that red dash... I'm speachless. I can't believe even the radio door is red...

On a positive note, those chrome pieces on the door handles are real nice touch.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:43 AM

Thanks for all the replies
The good and bad. No offence taken, i personally didn't think I would like it either, but I would challenge anyone who has not seen one in person to sit in one for 10 minutes and see if their opinion changes. I think any negative ones might. The trim accents are very well done and the color on the back of the headrest is the same as the new dash accents, kind of a graphite color. The dash does not glair IMO, it has a mat (nonreflective) finish to it.
I will take some pics of the top up soon and post some.
No there is not an option to purchase the the old red interior with black exterior, don't know about the other color combinations (red/red white/red etc...)
Honda didn't tell anyone to my knowledge about this, in fact the dealer had no idea (we know more than they do about model changes )
Thanks for the comments
Josh
Old 10-18-2001, 11:45 AM

Nope.....I doubt it would look better in person! I think it looks, um, er.......fugly.

I though the old red interior was ok, except for the pink carpet. I agree that the roll hoops in red is just overdoing it. I like the tweeters in the doors though!

It's just that there is too much red. Personally, I think you'd get very sick of it after a while. Black/grey is a very neutral tone that you won't tire of. Sorry, but that's how I honestly feel.

Not for me.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:47 AM

That all red interior is awesome! I love it! I have a '01 silverstone/red and have always wished that my interior was like that.
Lookes a lot like the interior color scheme of the boxster.
Tweeters are a great touch as well!
Congrats on a beautiful new car!
Old 10-18-2001, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to see some pix with the top up from the rear. Would be interesting to see how the back glass looks.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:57 AM

That is definitely alot of red ....

A few years back when I first moved out of my parents home I wanted to buy a BRIGHT RED LIPSTICK leather couch. My girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife, told me I was NO PIMP ! Needless to say I decided on off white and am very happy with my color choice.

Initially when the S2000 came out last year I wanted silverstone/red combo and my wife said no fregin way ... I eventually decided on silver/black and am very happy I did.

The red interior is just a little too BIG PIMPIN for me....the roll bars look really weird. It might grow on me.

Anyhow .... congratuations on your new car...you will absolutely love it !!!

Quick Reply: Pics of new 2002 all red interior!