S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pics of new 2002 all red interior!

Old 01-29-2002, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations I saw a white/red int. at the dealer the red interior looked very nice. I wouldn't mind owning one. I did get the Suzuka Blue with blue interior and in my opinion I like both interiors it would be good if Honda offered both. For those people who still want a more black then red.

Harry

2002 Suzuka Blue (Delivery Date: March 2002)
Old 02-22-2002, 10:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The day I ordered my Suzuka Blue (two more weeks until it arrives!) the dealer told me I could drive away with the new 2002 silver/red combo. We drove to their storage facility and I have to say, when I saw it I was shocked. I too was expecting the car that was in the brochure! I spent about 30 minutes looking at the car and decided to wait the three weeks for the blue. During the last week, I have to admit I have been thinking a lot about the silver red. The picture doesn't do it justice. The picture makes the red look a little washed out... Why have I been thinking about the silver red???? It really stands out! I guess it is kinda like spa yellow. This is a car that is going to be noticed.

Enjoy!
Old 02-24-2002, 08:26 PM

Congrats... I have this interior in my Silver/Red and I love it. I think the light in the picture makes it look lighter than in person. A LOT of people have seen my car up close (drags and meets) and I have yet to hear a negative comment, but maybe they're just not saying it to my face.

(Borrowing from the ElTianti School of arguementation):
IMO, the Black or Black/Red is too conservative. Interiors like that are a dime/dozen vis-a-vis the red interior. All red, on the other hand, is unique and adds flare and really catches peoples eyes; at least that's been my experience (e.g. at the drags and meets). Not to mention, Honda's R&D clearly showed the all red interior was preferred by 97% of all consumers polled. Personally, I don't care if others don't like it. I didn't buy it to impress people, per se, I bought it 'cause I like it, if you will. You are being jealous and defensive if you don't like it! I will end this arguement thusly; you lose!

OK, This is in jest for those of you preparing verbal gasoline for me! I'm just saying I like the all red.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you don't mind me bringing this back up from the dead more than a year later. Are the color schemes still like this for the MY '03 S2K's? If I were to purchase a Silverstone with Red interior, would it still be all red or just the seats and door inserts like it was back when the S just came out? I think the all red would be kinda annoying and hurt my eyes when I'm driving - making just the seats and the door inserts red and the rest of the interior the default black would be perfect.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:05 AM

03's red interior is still all red.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:00 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Hi, SiDriver!
See if you can get a test drive in one - you might like it - that's how I was convinced that the red interior was a great change for '02. A top down drive on a sunny day! (Man, what a great memory!)

JonasM
Old 02-16-2003, 08:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by JonasM
Hi, SiDriver!
See if you can get a test drive in one - you might like it - that's how I was convinced that the red interior was a great change for '02. A top down drive on a sunny day! (Man, what a great memory!)

JonasM
Hey what's up? Yea I've been trying to get a test drive around where I live for a couple of weeks now. I tried 3 dealerships and they all said they don't have a single one in available for a test drive. Gotta wait til March, or so they say. I dunno, looking at those pics, all red seems too much for me. If I wanted red accents, I'd very much rather get black interior and trim it up with red seats and red door inserts. As for exterior color, I'm torn - either Berlina black (very difficult to care for), Silverstone (classy, can't go wrong, shows lines of the S nicely, though a bit pedestrian), or Suzuka blue (from the pics looks a bit feminine and weak for the S2K - sorry, no offense intended for Suzuka owners so I really need to see this one in person). If they bring over the Monte Carlo, then maybe the decision wouldn't be so hard especially since it has the black interior.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Carlson
03's red interior is still all red.
Yes they are. . .

However, Honda made in error in their '03 brochures showing the contrasting black/red interior (like '00 and '01).
Old 02-16-2003, 09:15 AM

I dont know why most people think so poorly of it. I wouldn't have gotten it without the red interior.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:21 PM

Anybody with an all red interior that would prefer the red/black interior, pm me, maybe we can work something out.