S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pics of new 2002 all red interior!

Old 10-20-2001, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by tnguyen0567
Should do a poll, because I like it a lot.

Tan
I posted a poll the day these pics were posted. It's here somewhere. Incidentally, the old red/black combo was favored by ~85%.
Old 10-20-2001, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tooo much!
Old 10-20-2001, 06:16 PM

Congratulations on the S2000. I like all S2000's no matter what the color is.
Old 10-20-2001, 06:43 PM

As far as glare on the windsheild...you can see a reflection in the pictures already!!! It looks cool, but the top of the dash at least needs to be black for this very reason.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:39 PM

I'd have to agree with Keller here, it's not that bad in person. A local dealer just got in a 2002 Silver/red S2000 and I went to take a look at it. The red is not as bright as the pictues make it seem. It kind of reminds me of some Porsche or BMW red interior (at least the pictures I've seen of their interiors). I still like the old red interior best though. Anyway congrats again on your new car.
Old 10-20-2001, 09:29 PM

TOO MUCH RED for me at least. But, I'm not the one buying the car. I'm glad you (and your lady) are happy with it. I'm sure the fun of driving it will be much more your focus than the color though.

IMO: This looks like an interior that would be on a Starsky and Hutch car from the 70's..... Sorry but that is what came to mind
Old 10-20-2001, 09:38 PM

HOLY YIKES BATMAN . LOLOLOLOL. Crazy Honda
Old 10-21-2001, 04:54 AM

Glad you love the color, my friend; that's the primary objective: to enjoy your car.

But.... Sorry to be a stickler on this point, Keller, but I can't help being curious about the question of the dash reflection glare on the inside of the windshield. I'm glad someone raised it and that you responded, indicating that it is not a problem. Yet in two of the three pics you display, it seems very clear that the red is glaring back at the viewer from the inside surface of the windshield. That's gotta provide a problem to the driver whenever the sun is coming from a simialr direction (i.e., above). In one of those pics you can even see the contrast between the red of the rear majority of the dash surface and the nearly invisible black reflection from the very front, black portion of the dash.

What am I misssing here?
Old 10-21-2001, 05:43 AM

I have not had any problem with the dash reflecting yet, the angle that these pics where taken at is not the angle that you sit at when you drive. I will let everyone know if it becomes a problem after I drive it in other sunlight conditions.
I would like to thank everyone on this board for their opinions on the color, everyone seems really nice here, even the people who don't like the color
I am comparing this to what I see on other forums because most have alot of @#$holes on them.
Thanks Again
Josh
Old 10-22-2001, 05:51 AM

Congrats on the new car and excellent taste in color combinations. IMHO this is the best combination and will be my color when I can get one.
Congrats to Honda for having the guts to do such a red (and blue)interior. I drive a 225 quattro TT (its that rear end that does it for me!?) with the classic Silver/Black combination (am waiting for 2002 model S2k's to show up) and believe me it is like a cave in there, why couldn't they do a red interior is beyond me.
In any case, R U sure that there is no glare from the red dash? I would hate to have to put some black carpet dash protector just to drive?

Quick Reply: Pics of new 2002 all red interior!