S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Picking up my new s2000 Tonite!!!

Old 03-19-2002, 11:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow can't believe all the follow up replys. This is gonna be a nice experience both behind the wheel and online. Anyone who makes it up to marin county just north of san francisco is welcome to drop me an email and meet up for a tour of the wine country or out west to the sea. the suzuka blue was my 1st choice and the dealer said well i've got a black one at msrp do u want it. well after turning down alot of dealers who wanted the premium price, this dealer calls me back and says "i made a mistake would you want a blue one" well i quietly told him over the phone " hey i'm disappointed in the color but i'll take it!!
Old 03-20-2002, 02:54 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Enjoy..I know I am..Mine has birthday of 3-14-02.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! I took delivery of my Suzuka Blue a couple of weeks ago and just made it through the break-in period. The wife and I put the top down and cruised out to Point Reyes Saturday afternoon. It was a bit cool, but a fantastic drive through the redwoods and out to the ocean. I know you'll enjoy your new S2000.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:26 AM

Congrats rossmon!! You should be out cruising right now! I got mine on 3/12/02 and only had nice weather for a few days...for the past few days it's been raining on and off and in the 40's so NO top down weather for us in DC Metro area. have fun with your new S2000!!! Nice color!
Old 03-20-2002, 09:31 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

AndyP,
I was out last evening for a while top down. Take advantage of everydry moment.

Mark
Old 03-20-2002, 09:33 AM

OK, that's three blues in the Bay Area on this thread (Rossmon, OverDrive and me). Sounds like a trip to the coast is in order shortly. OverDrive, did you get yours at Dublin Honda? I called them last weekend and they said they had one blue recently which was pre-sold, and one more this MY coming in about a month. When I told him the price I was looking for, the sales guy said "hell no, I can't do that." So I ended up buying from Anderson in Palo Alto, who did do that price.

Rossmon, are you from Marin originally? I grew up in San Anselmo, went to Drake High long ago.

I finally found a car my daughter and her friends think is as cool as I do. Never thought that would happen.
Can't figure out whether her tastes are maturing (she's 16) or mine are regressing. When I drop her off at her friends' houses, they ask me if I could just leave the car. They've offered me bus fare. . . .
Old 03-20-2002, 10:00 AM

Mine came from a dealer in Illinois. I couldn't find one here in California that I could afford.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:31 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that MSRP is about the best I could do around here. And that took a bunch of work, playing dealers off each other, etc. From what I've read on this website, if you can get the car out here, Midwest prices are the best. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:58 AM

I am definitely regressing. Everything i do or buy lately seems to be influenced by my 23 year old son who is now regretting the student job he took in london, england since he can't thrash arround my new honda!
It was he who turned me on to this car last october, mtn bking, and weight lifting so i am 53 going on 23. I have to look into that tow hitch thats made for the honda so i can put my mtn bike carrier on it as i don't trust any of those bicycle racks that strap on to the trunk. WE bay area folks should definitley plan a group ride, say in april/may for a saturday or sunday. I wanna wait until my rid is broken in and i'm going to mexico next week for easter. My 14 year old daughter actually asked for the keys so she could sit in it this morning before going to school. Hey, maybe i can get her to help clean it!
Old 03-20-2002, 11:16 AM

I am definitely regressing. Everything i do or buy lately seems to be influenced by my 23 year old son who is now regretting the student job he took in london, england since he can't thrash arround my new honda!
It was he who turned me on to this car last october, mtn bking, and weight lifting so i am 53 going on 23. I have to look into that tow hitch thats made for the honda so i can put my mtn bike carrier on it as i don't trust any of those bicycle racks that strap on to the trunk. WE bay area folks should definitley plan a group ride, say in april/may for a saturday or sunday. I wanna wait until my rid is broken in and i'm going to mexico next week for easter. My 14 year old daughter actually asked for the keys so she could sit in it this morning before going to school. Hey, maybe i can get her to help clean it!

Quick Reply: Picking up my new s2000 Tonite!!!