S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

"Phazer" by Rocky Mtn Rader & TechnoScout - does it work?

Old 08-23-2001, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Phazer" by Rocky Mtn Rader & TechnoScout - does it work?

At page 29 of the 10/01 issue of "Flight Journal" is a full page ad about a purported radar/Lidar defeating device supposedly legal except in CA, MN, NE, OK, VA, & DC.
It claims:
"Police radar takes five to ten measurements of a vehicle's speed per second. The Phazer sends one signal that tells the radar the car is going 15 mph and aother that the gar is going 312 mph. Because police radar can't verify the speed, it displays no speed at all. To the radar gun, your car isn't eve on the road."

There are similar claims as to Lidar, where they assert that the device sends out an LED infrared pulse that confuses the Lidar.

Anybody know anything about this? The price is about $200 and if it works, it might be a great addition to my present Passport 8500.

John
Old 08-23-2001, 08:34 AM

Amartin has some type of device like this along with his Passport 8500 so you might want to PM him and ask.

Kirk
Old 08-23-2001, 08:38 AM

Everything I have read (e.g. Road & Track and other places) say they definitely do NOT work. Some of these devices offer a guarantee to pay your ticket if you get one in the first year but they have so many restictions that the guarantee is basically worthless.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:39 AM

NO. It ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK. DO NOT BUY IT.

The Phazer is complete crap with some "FM Chip modulation that passivly reflects the signal with a chirp"..blah..blah. Radartest.com did tests on it-- it INCREASES the range they can get you /LOL.

It didn't fool any radar gun at ANY distance. If your really looking for a jammer (Laser anyway as Radar (X/K/KA) are illegal for active ones, and passive are scams), lidatek.com has a front laser jammer using a 950nm galium arsonide(sp?) laser emitter that does work. Its around 400 bucks.

-- Aaron
Old 08-23-2001, 08:52 AM

Yeah - these turkeys have a "guarantee" that they'll pay any fines you get, but not if you are doing 15 mph over the limit or 30%, whichever is less.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:01 AM

If you believe this, I've got some Xray glasses for you, too. I went to their web site and found their $675 "Cloaking" Device very interesting (BS).
www.radarscramblers.com/product_phantom_rcd.htm

Just say "No!" to crap.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:02 AM

From the reviews that I have read the Phazer is not effective to any reasonable degree. There are a couple models that are effective (one from Holland I believe) but they are permanant installs and Illegal in all 50 states. (Radar is regulated by the FCC and you need a license to broadcast).

There are laser jammers that work that are effective, small and legal. I'll take a quick look to see if I can find it.

Hugh
Old 08-23-2001, 09:23 AM

Here are a couple of quotes from an Automobile review. This is old but the newer ones that I have read support the same conclusion: THere are very few jammers that work, they are large, complicated and illegal. (But if you buy one let me know how it works.

Phazer Review

"Placing it on the dash actually increased the ProLaser II's(radar gun) maximum target range by eight percent. The Marksman radar unit benefited even more: Instead of clocking the target car at 1954 feet, we could reach out and pop it at 2327 feet. We expect this will meet with approval among police officers. "

"The first truly effective active jammer was the Stealth/VRCD, a large, heavy metal box stuffed with circuit boards, two large metal waveguides, and a pair of varactor-tuned Gunn oscillators that produce a powerful, modulated signal. All this was controlled by a microprocessor programmed with fiendishly complex algorithms. It came out in early 1993, and there was no question that it worked; in several tests it proved capable of making a Mack conventional-cab tractor disappear from five of our six radars at almost point-blank range.

The Stealth is gone, the victim of intense FCC scrutiny. The design has been acquired by Phantom Technology and renamed the Phantom RCD. Aware of its prowess, we were hoping to see our two active radar jammers weigh in with Stealthlike performances. "

Website that sells the RCD

http://www.radarbusters.com/ (this link worked earlier today but isn't coming up on my computer right now. They may be haveing problems.)

Hugh
Old 08-23-2001, 09:57 AM

I read in several places about the Blinder M-10 being a totally effective laser jammer, but haven't gotten one myself - I'd like to see a site that has info on what states use what sorts of detection, which would affect whether I bought one.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:08 AM

i had it on my Mazda RX7 a few years back and i know for sure it did not work, i got a ticket in upstate NY : (

I have the cordless Passport radar now, is there a radar that is better? I would like to have the best 1....

Quick Reply: "Phazer" by Rocky Mtn Rader & TechnoScout - does it work?