S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

People who yell on the road are idiots

Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default People who yell on the road are idiots

I do not think I can ever understand why people feel the need to put in their input to a situation by yelling out of their window.

A week ago I was driving around 9 and a guy was across the median sticking out into my lane, since there was almost no traffic I was just like Alright... and gave a light honk while going part way in to the middle lane to not hit him. Once I got to the stop light this truck that was in the far right lane while I was honking (I was in the far left) started yelling at me cause I had my top down. I had no clue whatsoever what he said.

Last night I lost control of my s2k for the first time, and I did a 180
Old 04-26-2009, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm, it seems as though you gave them a reason to yell lol
and you dont need classes, just go to your local auto -x and start ripping it up. people there will be more than helpful and will definately share their own knowledge with you
Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 PM

i only honk when its a near hit situation, for small stuff like you mentioned i would usually flashed them with my beam. i think most drivers on the road thinks they are getting yelled at when they get honked , so that may be the reason.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
FourLess

When I got my yellow lab puppy i had him outside off the leash. We have 2 acres of property, and live on a low traffic residential street. I was teaching him to bring back his ball when something must have caught his eye and he ran into the street. Being the little terror that he is, every time I approached him he would run further away I had the leash in my hand chasing after him when a guy in a BMW drives by slowly with his window down and says with a nasty tone "You better put him on a leash". I wanted to say "What the hell does it look like im doing, playing jump rope with it?" but he drove off too fast.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by FourLess,Apr 26 2009, 12:31 PM
When I got my yellow lab puppy i had him outside off the leash. We have 2 acres of property, and live on a low traffic residential street. I was teaching him to bring back his ball when something must have caught his eye and he ran into the street. Being the little terror that he is, every time I approached him he would run further away I had the leash in my hand chasing after him when a guy in a BMW drives by slowly with his window down and says with a nasty tone "You better put him on a leash". I wanted to say "What the hell does it look like im doing, playing jump rope with it?" but he drove off too fast.
Lmao.
When I run at night kids yell at me sometime and it doesn't even scare me or anything because I expect noise when I hear these loud as can be high school trucks.

I didn't come close to wrecking into any one really, and I got out of the way of traffic ASAP. Heres the situation, for some reason all these cars were going 30 in a 40. It doesn't bother me if someone drives the speed limit, but most people here go 5-10 over because the cops really don't care. Anyways, I saw the far right lane was open, and went around brining my speed up to 45, the cars behind me started honking at me and I was like wtf is this the offical 10 mph under the speed limit day? So I was going into the middle lane kind of fast to get in front of this suv that kept honking at me and lost control. My car start wobbling left and right, and when it came to the left again my rear end came loose. Luckily since I had been going 45 mph I was about a 1/4 mile in front of traffic and there was no traffic going the other way, so I instantly got into first gear and went across the median on the other side of the road since I was turned around.

I know I don't need classes, but I feel like there is so much I have to learn about driving, and I want to be as good of a driver as I can be . This is my first manual car I've had and I've owned it for a bit more than half a year.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:14 PM

i understand lol. my first manual car was an fc rx7. it was a handful but i started to auto-x and gradually got better. everyone there gave me tips, rode with me and told me what i was doing wrong, etc. it was awesome.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX,Apr 26 2009, 12:56 PM
My car start wobbling left and right, and when it came to the left again my rear end came loose. Luckily since I had been going 45 mph I was about a 1/4 mile in front of traffic and there was no traffic going the other way, so I instantly got into first gear and went across the median on the other side of the road since I was turned around.

I know I don't need classes...
Dude, losing control of the car at 45 mph and you have the stones to follow it up with a comment like "I know i dont need classes."???!!!!!

Seriously. you need classes. You should not lose control of your vehicle, regardless of the make or model. And for the record, Im not picking on you, per se. EVERYONE, including myself can benefit from classes. The best thing I did was get involved in a track and really try to learn from experienced drivers on how to manage a car at high speeds. I highly recommend it, especially based on your past experiences....
Old 04-26-2009, 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=iatros,Apr 26 2009, 01:52 PM]Dude, losing control of the car at 45 mph and you have the stones to follow it up with a comment like "I know i dont need classes."???!!!!!

Seriously.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 PM

Well growing up in a religious family, there is a difference between needs and wants
I want to take classes if I can, but they aren't a neccesity.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by iatros,Apr 26 2009, 01:52 PM
Dude, losing control of the car at 45 mph and you have the stones to follow it up with a comment like "I know i dont need classes."???!!!!!

Seriously. you need classes. You should not lose control of your vehicle, regardless of the make or model. And for the record, Im not picking on you, per se. EVERYONE, including myself can benefit from classes. The best thing I did was get involved in a track and really try to learn from experienced drivers on how to manage a car at high speeds. I highly recommend it, especially based on your past experiences....
Btw dude you are flaming me and picking on me.
"I highly recommend it, especially based on your past experiences...."
What past experiences are you talking about? The one where I went to Narnia and fell off a unicorn? Cause otherwise I have no clue what you are talking about because I have never wrecked my s2k.

Quick Reply: People who yell on the road are idiots