S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

People leaning on my S2K at the movie theatre

Old 06-20-2001, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would always keep a baseball bat in the trunk
Old 06-20-2001, 12:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Duffer
The parents of those kids are the same ones that will ding your car when they fling open the door of their monster SUV or minivan. Where do you think the kids learned this type of behavior? From their parents, of course...
TRUE. I was recently in Ireland. After lunch in a very nice hotel, I noticed a tour bus parked behind the hotel in a very sparsely occupied parking lot. In the lot, far away from the other cars, but very near where the bus was parked was a new Subaru WRX. The car was nicely kept, very shiny, and with dressed tires, etc. It was obvious that the car was parked there by the owner to minimize door dings and the like. Leaning on the car were at least 3 males, with an average age in the 60/65 range. I know that they were Americans because I heard them speaking in the hotel lobby. This car represented a major expenditure for the owner, and here were these people, who should know better (no excuse for their bad manners) treating this car as a park bench.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:34 PM

Da Hapa,

If you're as big as some of my Hawaiian friends, I would've been scared too. You must look pretty EVIL.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Da Hapa
[B]Hindsight is 20/20 but I actually wish that I had been mature enough to handle it differently.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:39 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when i disarm my alarm, which i do from a distance, the air horns give off a growl. i would hope that would move someone doing that to my car...
did they scratch the car? my car is almost never parked where people can sit or lean on it and i have some odd small scratches where someone must have leaned over it-
Old 06-20-2001, 03:54 PM

I like the can of "whoop-ass" idea.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:59 PM

that is just straight up disrespectful.. i immediately assume that if some idiot decides it ok to lean my car they aren't gonna be that respectful when i ask them to get off.. so in the same situation i'd show them about the same amount of respect.

GET THE F&%# OFF MY CAR!! if you feel like giving them a warning at all.
Old 06-20-2001, 05:47 PM

I would have pressed the "panic" button on my remote. That would scared the sh!t out of them.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:52 PM

I would have calmly opened the trunk and pulled this out:

..and watched the pee trickle down their leg.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brett,

HEHEHE, thats what I was gonna say!!

Damn, I would be PISSED!
Old 06-20-2001, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably would have gone nuclear as well. However, I've learned over time that prefacing such a blow up can make it even more effective.

-Walk up to car and teenagers

-Start conversation with "Man, that's a nice car, does it belong to one of you guys?"

-Upon receiving answer in the negative, respond with "Damn right its not, its mine so get your f***in ass off it before I turn you into a hood ornament!"

Of course, the actual course of action has to be based on a solid situational assessment. Six 18 yr old football players and me unarmed would not be good. I could take down a couple, but in the end I'd be hurtin too. Or if it happened anywhere in South Central L.A., but then who would drive a Stook there anyway?

UL

Quick Reply: People leaning on my S2K at the movie theatre