S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

People leaning on my S2K at the movie theatre

Old 06-20-2001, 03:26 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default People leaning on my S2K at the movie theatre

Talk about NO RESPECT! My wife and I went out to see a movie the other night (Swordfish). We had a great time, the movie was awesome and as we come out of the theatre, there is a large group of young teenagers standing leaning and practically sitting on my car as they have a conversation with a closely parked Chevy Tahoe. . .

As we walk up to the car, they are not attempting any moves off of the car, so I say out loud. . ."Hey, get off the car!" No one really moved and by this time I had advanced my self within the group and said the same again adding. . ."show some respect!"

They backed off and my wife (she's Italian and from Long Island, a nice mix) wanted to kick some major bootie. . .however, I just wanted to finsih the night as peacefully as it had started. . .

And that's it. . .no response or vulgarity. . .the only thing was they looked shocked and amazed. . .

So, what do you think? How would you have handled the situation?
Old 06-20-2001, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you handled it well. I probably would have started yelling. One thing I can't stand is disrespect from the youth. I raised my kids to say "sir" and "mam". The compliments I received when taking my children places made me proud. It's sad kids don't seem to care anymore.
Old 06-20-2001, 05:01 AM

The parents of those kids are the same ones that will ding your car when they fling open the door of their monster SUV or minivan. Where do you think the kids learned this type of behavior? From their parents, of course.

I'll bet you wouldn't find wirejock's kids (or mine, also raised to respect other peoples property) leaning on a stranger's car!!!

The problem with the gene pool... No lifeguards!
Old 06-20-2001, 05:25 AM

You definately handled the situation better than I would have. Look, I'm a relatively young guy and whether my parents taught me to respect peoples property or not is irrelevant. You just do not lean on someone's car w/o asking first. If you're wearing blue jeans, you don't even ask because they have those little metal things that can scratch the crap out of a car. Buttons do a number too. Anyways, I respect everyone if they respect me but that was just wrong.
Old 06-20-2001, 08:20 AM

I think you handled it very well. There wasn't much else that you could have done without getting your butt into hot water.

I had a similar situation about a year ago when I was out in my previous commuter car (1996 Civic EX) getting dinner. I walk into the Baja Fresh to pick up the food. I walk back out and some fat ass idiot is actually completely leaning, almost sitting on my trunk talking on his cell phone.

I lost it. I started raising my voice and moving quickly towards this butthole. I told him to get his fat ass the hell away from my car. He nearly crapped his pants and move away from my car immediately. I slowed down my approach and began to look at my trunk/bumper to make sure there weren't any dents and/or scratches. Thankfully, there weren't. As I finished checking out my car, I noticed that this guy was still staring at me along with a large group of people that must have seen me raise my voice at this fool. I simply stared right at him and said somehting like its a shame that people don't have enough decency to respect each other's property and that perhaps he should find a park bench for his fat ass in the future.

We got in the car and drove away without further incident, but I was steamed.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I actually wish that I had been mature enough to handle it differently. An angry Hawaiian guy with a goatee and shaved head probably scared the crap out of that guy. I am glad that he didn't do something stupid.

Some might say that I shouldn't get that worked up over a then 4 year old Honda Civic, but that was my property. When I sold that Civic earlier this year, it was pristine. I take a ton of pride in my cars and I get really pissed at people that don't respect me or my property.

I'm just glad they didn't mess up your car.
Old 06-20-2001, 08:34 AM

I try to always be nice but the neighbors kids know not to get within 10-feet of my car and any playing ball etc. is a absolute no-no ANYWHERE in the vicinity.

Unfortunately I would have yelled at those people (sitting on my car) to the point of probably provoking a fight unintentionally, but it would definitely be a verbal _ss-whipping. In that case things would not be too pretty. I hate disrespect for other's property regardless of what it is.

Respect your fellow man and his property (or get your _ss kicked, often).
Old 06-20-2001, 08:36 AM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you handled it well, but now you know why I don't take my S2000 to the movie theather!
Old 06-20-2001, 09:56 AM

You handled that very well....I for one, would have started WW3 on their asses! I would have come up yelling at them and probably physically removing them from my car if they didn't respond the first time
Old 06-20-2001, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SiK182
[B]You handled that very well....I for one, would have started WW3 on their asses!
Old 06-20-2001, 11:27 AM

Come on!! At least a can or two of whoop-ass!

Quick Reply: People leaning on my S2K at the movie theatre