S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

People hate our car, or is it just me they hate?(long)

Old 06-27-2003, 09:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

et
Old 06-27-2003, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which lane was ending, the right lane or the left lane? The car in the lane that's ending needs to yield to the car in the other lane.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:32 AM

If the guy was going 100 then there was probably plenty of room to tuck in behind him because I doubt all the traffic also sped up that fast. Put aside the ego and need to be in front and just slow down and get behind him. It takes two to do what you just did and I don't see how what you did is much better than the guy who sped up.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:36 AM

ahhh.... most people hate me. so it maybe it's the same case with you. But I do have a story of my own. I went to the gas station right by my house, filled up about $15 of gas. When i went inside to pay I realized I left my wallet at my house. So I asked the cashier inside if I could run home real quick and get my wallet. Eventually after arguing with me to call someone, they let me get my wallet. When I returned I pulled up in front of the building where there were striped lines for a walk way. Some Marlboro-Woman who worked there was standing outside smoking and saw me just pull up and park it real quick. She yelled at me "Ya know ya can't just park there. I'm gonna call the cops." I started to argue back "I'm only gonna be in there a second, I'm just handing some cash to guy in there." then she said "DON'T THINK JUST CAUSE YOU DRIVE A FANCY EXPENSIVE SPORTS CAR THAT YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!" I was like, "whatever. you're just jealous." I drove off and now every time I go to the gas station she makes remarks like. "Feel like payin for ya gas today?"
Old 06-27-2003, 10:38 AM

Sounds to me like the guy was being an A55 and just didn't want to be passed. I always travel at a good clip on the highway and find that many people feel like you are trying to show them up by passing them, and get offended or something. In reality I am just trying to get from point "a' to point "b". Here in MA (and I suspect elsewhere) it is illegal to speed up for the purpose of preventing someone from passing you.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by tapout2000
I drove off and now every time I go to the gas station she makes remarks like. "Feel like payin for ya gas today?"
Next time ask her when you DIDN'T pay for it.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by tapout2000
ahhh.... most people hate me. so it maybe it's the same case with you. But I do have a story of my own. I went to the gas station right by my house, filled up about $15 of gas. When i went inside to pay I realized I left my wallet at my house. So I asked the cashier inside if I could run home real quick and get my wallet. Eventually after arguing with me to call someone, they let me get my wallet. When I returned I pulled up in front of the building where there were striped lines for a walk way. Some Marlboro-Woman who worked there was standing outside smoking and saw me just pull up and park it real quick. She yelled at me "Ya know ya can't just park there. I'm gonna call the cops." I started to argue back "I'm only gonna be in there a second, I'm just handing some cash to guy in there." then she said "DON'T THINK JUST CAUSE YOU DRIVE A FANCY EXPENSIVE SPORTS CAR THAT YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!" I was like, "whatever. you're just jealous." I drove off and now every time I go to the gas station she makes remarks like. "Feel like payin for ya gas today?"
she's right tho... how hard could it have been to park in a designated parking area, then go in and pay? an example of what you did is like parking in a handicap zone, running in and out to do what you need to do, then leaving. regardless of how quick you are, still cant do that. not to flame, but why did you think you could do something like that? cuz you'd be real quick? i think they were nice enough to let you go home and get your wallet, risking the fact that you could fly (and it seems like you did eventually)... so we got traffic citation and theft.

in any case, everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time... everyone's $hit stinks... try to be more courteous next time... just my $.02
Old 06-27-2003, 11:11 AM

Maybe you should have honked your horn.

Except when passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall safely move to the right-hand side of the highway in favor of the overtaking vehicle after an audible signal or a momentary flash of headlights by the overtaking vehicle, and shall not increase the speed of his or her vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle. This section does not require the driver of an overtaken vehicle to drive on the shoulder of the highway in order to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:18 AM

If i see anyone tryin no to let me in i just gun it and dont give them a chance to block me off
Old 06-27-2003, 11:27 AM

Honking your horn at people to let them pass? Is that even possible? If I were to do that, I'd get a big old hairy middle finger in my face. I've been driving for bout seven years now, and I've noticed that everyone is a asshole on the road, myself included in that remark. On the cali roads and freeways, if were to even signal to change lane in front of someone, they would slam the accelertor just so I can't change lane It almost never fails, as soon as I turn on my turning signal to let them know I'm changing lane, its a signal to them to go faster.

Quick Reply: People hate our car, or is it just me they hate?(long)