S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

over rev'd on my car

Old 02-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY,Feb 19 2006, 11:22 PM
Post pics,or post in UTH.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill bring it to honda soon let them check it out and see if everything is ok...but for now the car rides jus as fine as it did yesterday wen the accident occured so lets hope things stay that way
Old 02-20-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rarely let friends drive my cars but when I do, I always make sure to first tell them "have fun but if you break it, you bought it".
Old 02-20-2006, 08:52 AM

Anyone who drives one of my cars/bikes knows whatever they break they pay for, no questions asked. Same regarding their machines. If someone doesn't have the ability to do that at least, they need to ride shotgun until then, period. No point in freaking out now, whatever damage has been done and there is very little you can do about it. If the car drives normally from here on, you are probably ok. If you start noticing power loss or sluggish performance you need to visit the bank. If you want to be on the 'safe side', go buy a 20$ screw in type compression tester and see what you are working with.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:18 AM

Not sure how you can overrev. My regulator cuts off power whenever I pass redline. Then again I havent dropped it from 4th to 2nd either from 90. Take your word for it.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be fine, If it feels like it did before and theres no strange noises, then it ok.

You only really damage things if you miss shift and leave it in that gear, for the most part the person driving will notice they miss shifted and hit the clutch right away.

I've miss shifted plenty of times in some of my other cars and nothing happend (hit the clutch quick), then again I knew people first hand that miss shifted and were too stupid to hit the clutch again and dropped valves, but that you WOULD notice lol

Sounds like you're driving the car, so it's probably fine.

Xavier
Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=preludexl,Feb 20 2006, 01:18 PM]Not sure how you can overrev. My regulator cuts off power whenever I pass redline. Then again I havent dropped it from 4th to 2nd either from 90. Take your word for it.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Feb 20 2006, 10:41 AM
It should be fine, If it feels like it did before and theres no strange noises, then it ok.

You only really damage things if you miss shift and leave it in that gear, for the most part the person driving will notice they miss shifted and hit the clutch right away.

I've miss shifted plenty of times in some of my other cars and nothing happend (hit the clutch quick), then again I knew people first hand that miss shifted and were too stupid to hit the clutch again and dropped valves, but that you WOULD notice lol

Sounds like you're driving the car, so it's probably fine.

Xavier
there r no noises...engine sounds fine...no clicking no nothing...and he did clutch it real quick wen he noticed he miss shifted it probably all happened in a matter of 2 seconds...so u guys think i should have something to worry about??? ever since it happened last nite i couldnt sleep or anything knowing my car could b in some serious trouble...but im feelin much better now knowing if nothing has happened yet and it drives fine then the car will b ok...but about the losing power and performance...to me...it actually seems to take off quicker then it usually would but i dont kno if thats my mind playing tricks on me or the cold weather???
Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 AM

This belongs on a skit of Dave Chapelle's show.

"when keepin' it real goes bad!"
Old 02-20-2006, 11:08 AM

id suggest you take it to honda and have them do a full inspection for cracked retainers. and then have it repaired while all the stuff is intact. if i valve takes a trip into a cylinder, its over. lates

Quick Reply: over rev'd on my car