S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Outdoor car cover for the S

Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outdoor car cover for the S

I am moving and will have to store the car outdoors for a bit unfortunately and I am looking for what would be the best car cover for the elements mainly waterproof. Help me choose so far the weather shield seems to be the top one.

Swiftoy
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 PM

i bought one at auto zone for like 30$ and its pretty good, its not water proof though, just water resistant.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM

I bought one of those uber expensive cali covers and so far its working great. I havent used it much but it seems very high quality and its very light weight. Mine is the Superweave I believe.

http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_find2.aspx
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM

I have the california car cover that looks like a paper towel... I think it's called "NOAH"

Apparently it's very waterproof and meant for outdoors, but I have only used it in my garage so I dont' have any first hand experience with it. It fits perfect though and the elastics on the bottom keep it nice and snug on the car.

If you want WATERPROOF, then get an oem car cover, or something that won't scratch the paint, and then put a tarp (tarpaulin) over top of it.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Feb 26 2008, 04:47 PM
If you want WATERPROOF, then get an oem car cover, or something that won't scratch the paint, and then put a tarp (tarpaulin) over top of it.
Actually, neither the OEM car cover nor a tarpaulin are waterproof.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:agree: oem is not waterproof. its is however a really soft material that will not scratch up your car (unless dirty or the car was dusty to begin with) i went to the w&w forum when i asked this question but i guess the optimal thing would be (if you're worried about minor scratching on your paint) is to buy a used oem cover and put a waterproof one from autozone on top of that.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Feb 26 2008, 01:47 PM

I have the OEM cover and covered that with one of those cheap blue tarps that you can get at any home center. It keeps the OEM cover dry so I would think that it is waterproof. I have done this for the last 2 years, I wish I had a bigger garage.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 PM

NOAH
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I can help you with your question:

I have NOAH car cover as well. my car is parked outside cause i dont have a garage

I live in Northern VA and the weather here is pretty crazy, all year around we get all types of elements thrown at you.

NOAH fits the S2K perfectly. These guys done a great job measuring everything (my S2K is stock). NOAH comes with locking kit that goes under the car (around the door handle of drive door to passenger door). NOAH is only water resistances so when it rains a lot or hard, the car does get wet... not a whole lot though. And since it's "breathable", the car dries quick without problem.

NOAH folds easy and is pretty light. It also comes with a bag you can use to store it. NOAH once folded properly, it fits in the trunk fine.

NOAH is washable with light detergent. Recommend going to laundry mat capable of large load.

Because I wanted more protection for my car, I bought another car cover that I put over my NOAH. I got it from ebay for cheap and it's complete waterproof. This one is suppose to be "custom fit" to S2K but when you put it on, its only OK. Not really good, but since my NOAH is underneath that, no worries. This combo has worked really well in the many months I had it, through all types of weather, bird poops, pollen, people parking next to me, etc. More protection the better!

FYI: My S2K is not a DD, so I keep the car covered most of the week and tied down because of wind, more protection, etc. Taking the cover off takes a while. If yours is a DD, I would recommend just one layer of cover... unless you have good amount of time to take both down.

I would takes pics to show you but my camera broke
Old 02-27-2008, 05:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOAH is the fabric -- not the make or brand of the car cover.

I use the Covercraft Weathershield and I'm very happy with it. It's not 100% waterproof but is much less bulky than the NOAH covers if you have to store it in your trunk. Covercraft offers a comparison chart of the fabrics that they use:
http://www.covercraft.com/fabric%20guide%2...rev%2012-07.pdf

Quick Reply: Outdoor car cover for the S