S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Opinions on Suzuka Blue interior...

Old 09-05-2003, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Suzuka Blue interior...

Hi. I'm a new poster but frequent lurker. I recently decided to purchase a new 2003 S2000. Something about starting my Mid-Life Crisis early, but I just have to have one! Having owned a Porsche 914 for a while now, the smallness, lightness and stiff suspension of the S2000 will be familiar. The order of magnitude increase in performance will be unfamiliar but welcome!

My color preference is either Silver or Silverstone, with black or red interior as available. Today I sent off internet requests to about a dozen San Francisco Bay Area dealers. I've already received some responses. For some reason, I've located a few Suzuka Blue cars in stock, but nothing available in silver or Silverstone. My guess is that Suzuka Blue may be the least popular color around here, thus cars can still be found in dealer's inventory. (???) I don't mind the exterior blue, but that blue leather interior is my issue. I've only seen it in pictures, not in person.

What do people who own this color think about it? I realize color is a subjective thing, and I should probably just go look at one in person, but I thought I'd leverage the considerable experience of owners in this forum. It's getting down to the wire in terms of finding new 2003s, and I may end up having to go with Suzuka Blue just to get one. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: S2Ki.com is a really great web site!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:35 PM

Suzuka blue is rare in these parts and one of the most sought after colors. Silver and Silverstone sit on dealer lots for weeks. Blues are out the door almost right off the truck. I guess it is just a matter of personal preference.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:44 PM

First time I saw it I knew blue was for me. Bought one last Saturday. It is purely personal preference of course. Go down and take a look, that's the only way you'll know. I thought Silverstone/black was sharp too.

Gary
Old 09-05-2003, 05:53 PM

i have the blue on white

i love it

but you guys dont get this color in the u.s.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:07 PM

djs94124, I thought the same way, as well. I loved the blue exterior at first sight (although Monte Carlo Blue is still my personal favorite).

I went to the dealership to check out the blue interior, and it wasn't close to being as tacky as I thought it would be. It's actually quite tasteful, in my opinion!

If you have any doubts, come out to Japantown tomorrow around 9:00 pm. There are going to be 40+ S2000s there and at least three or four Suzuka Blues, including mine. If you like, you can also come along with us on our drive. We'll be manuevering a few twisties, from what I understand. In fact, I'm willing to bet you could probably ride shotgun with a nice enough owner. I'd take you, but the passenger seat is already going to be taken up by my boyfriend.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:19 PM

Gotta admit it took a little while to warm up to the blue interior. It's a lot of blue. But It really grew on me. I would like a little more black accent. The black steering wheel, shifter and door handles look great against the blue background. The black top is the best against the blue body. While the black S2k is probably the hottest, fastest, meanest color(which I do like), the blue is a wolf in sheeps clothing.
TW
Old 09-05-2003, 06:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own the blue and I am happy with it, although I would have prefered a blue/black two tone interior.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:28 PM

Interestingly enough, I was almost tempted to throw out my blue seats and buy black ones to replace them... because I wanted a blue/black two tone interior as well. But, like TWWV mentioned, it grew on me and now I think it would look odd with more black.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:29 PM

Just spent 2 hours test driving a Blue/Blue one earlier today. I thought I wouldn't like the Blue interior but it is actually kind of nice. I did think it was a little too much blue but it doesn't come across nearly as strong as the RED interior. I prefer the original partial red interior to the current. Back to the blue...it reminded me of the Porsche blue interior like on the white 968's. I actually liked the Suzuka blue exterior less than the blue interior. I am a Silver S2000 fan though

Check it out you may like it.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:33 PM

I have blue it sorta grows on you.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Suzuka Blue interior...