S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Opinions Please! Sebring Silver with ALL Blue Interior and BLUE soft TOP!

Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you think? My soft top is going to be replaced by Honda and the service manager says that he can order a blue or black soft top to replace!

Now, if I was able to switch interior colors with a Suzuka Blue owner, would this be a good thing?

Opinions, please!

I'm thinking it could almost look like this. . .

This is the White Diamond Pearl color in Japan.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:51 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Nuh uh - stick with black. That blue isn't going to do it, in my opinion - a lot of work to get your interior to match and even then, I don't think the blue (it's pretty dark for Sebring Silver) will match that well.

My $0.02.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with johnboy on this...
Old 08-26-2002, 12:11 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

If you can manage ALL blue interior (dash, seats, carpet, roll hoops, everything), just like a new Suzuka, you'd have one sweet ride. Seems to me that it would cost a pretty penny, though, woudn't it?

I had thought about that combination myself back when I was deciding on the color - if it was offered, I certainly would have thought about it.

If you do this, though, clear corners and sides would be ESSENTIAL!

JonasM
Old 08-26-2002, 12:19 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonasM
[B]Seems to me that it would cost a pretty penny, though, woudn't it?
Old 08-26-2002, 12:48 PM

I think it would look fantastic Raul, my only concern might be on resale value/market. There was a thread floating around recently with a Sebring S2000 w. blue roof and it looked stunning (IMO)! Wouldn't the dash & centre console/rear trim be a PITA to move between cars though?

Tif
Old 08-26-2002, 12:49 PM

Airgate, I'd say if you like it, and can find a Suzuka Blue owner who wants all black and doesn't mind taking part his whole interior to do the swap.

I think you would have a REALLY REALLY unique Sebring.

The Suzuka Blue with black would be unique too, but not nearly as unique as the Sebring/blue combo.

Personally I like it. Blue and silver go way better than some of these orange paint with red seats S2000s I've seen. But I think I like it mostly because it would be the only one of its kind in the US, maybe even the world!
Old 08-26-2002, 12:53 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

airgate... in one word... SWEET.

Do it, it would be one of the most unique and nicest upgrades resulting in a very rare car for all to envy. Silver/Blue would look GREAT.

BTW, when are you coming down to South Florida?
Old 08-26-2002, 12:54 PM

If you're keeping this S2000 forever and this will please you, go for it!

If you'll be looking to trade it in or sell it at any point (you're already on S2000 number 2, aren't you?), then you might want to think of what having an oddball car would do to your resale value.

Whatever you decide, I think the blue top would look a bit better on Sebring than it does on the white in that pic. Just my opinion...
Old 08-26-2002, 12:58 PM

It's hard to know without seeing one, but I think blue and silver would make a good match. I wish Honda offered different color tops for the S2000, but there are some aftermarket options available.

Quick Reply: Opinions Please! Sebring Silver with ALL Blue Interior and BLUE soft TOP!