S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

OK I am stupid

Old 03-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this happens to me all the time : my personal cars are manual..when I get rental cars(automatic)...for the first few miles, when slowing down, my right hand is going to the right to down shift!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by specialk22tt' date='Mar 21 2007, 04:41 PM
I'm always pushing the invisible clutch in while I start automatic cars...
same here!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I love walking away looking over my shoulder watching to see if the valet guys can figure out how to start my car.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by plokivos' date='Mar 22 2007, 07:35 AM
i always press the "mute" button instead of the "channel" button and wonder why the next track isn't playing.
now THAT is pretty funny. i've done all of the above. when i get into my mom's civic, i always start it with my left foot on the brake. and when slowing down i reach over to "put it into neutral".. i'm blonde, so its okay... but the rest of you.?..?.?.?....
Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Went to a meet a couple of weeks ago, was cold as hell (for Jax) and cleaned the car all day. Sun went down and couldn't get the passenger window to go up. (you know where this is heading). drove to the meet top down, like a clown. I blamed the window and was promptly informed my window lock was on. Shameful being I am ase certified former honda tech.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 PM

My Mom has a '98 Caravan. I jammed my thumb trying to change the radio station because I thought I was in the S. I accidentally jammed my thumb into the air vent and it hurt for weeks. I probably shouldn't of had the heat blasting at time when I did it since it was sort of hot. Also, my Brother and I have been in that thing and we both accidentally engaged the emergency foot break thinking it was the clutch when coming to a stop. I always feel like a complete moron. It's just second nature to me I guess.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:28 AM

Several things....

I'll take a call and hit the mute button and when I end the call I try and turn up the dash radio louder and louder..then im like WTF!! Then un-mute - BOOOOM.

I drove my friend's EVO RS and had to actively remind myself not to shift into 6th gear...he had to remind me not to cruise around at 4k RPMS.

Once you get spoiled by the quick readings of digital gauges, analog is just way tooo slow to read. Just like a watch. ''What rpm am I at? how fast am I going?''
Old 03-23-2007, 06:32 PM

Although I've never hit the radio button to start, I have had a similar issue.

Got stuck waiting for a slow train one morning so I just clicked the ignition key one back so the radio would stay on. Then pulled the e-brake and relaxed until the train left.
Put my foot on the clutch, turned the lights on, hit the start button and nothing. hmm...clutch in again and nothing. Put the e-brake down...nothing. Put the tranny in gear...nothing. Light backs off...nothing. First car went around me before I realized I had to move the key back to the last position again.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 PM

the all time best is when you're driving an automatic, you forget its not a manual, and you stomp down hard on the brake with your left foot thinking you're going for the clutch......

hilarious
Old 03-23-2007, 08:36 PM

I find myself having a hard time driving an automatic car cause i keep on thinking its a manual for some reason lol, always try to shift and look for the clutch lol

Quick Reply: OK I am stupid