S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ok - car was delivered this a.m. - first impressions...

Old 02-26-2003, 11:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wicky
[B] This motor can be built to 260-280 wheel horsepower without FI.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by ricosuave
make sure your dealer took out all the spring spacers. they're notorious for leaving them in.
What Rick said!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats berzerker!

Glad to see another S owner in our neck of the woods. I am with you on the weather. I bought mine in early january only to have it out 3x. Only have 400 odometer.

Post pics when you get a chance. See ya in the spring...
Old 02-26-2003, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Tedow

Umm...what? You can't even get this motor to 260-280 hp at the flywheel without FI. Whatever you're smoking, I want some!
I think he was referring to the Feels stroker kit plus bolt ons plus VAFC. Still, I have never seen a dyno to prove the benefits from the Feels kit.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:22 PM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

You are right: oversteer does not equal fast. The driver makes the car fast, however it is setup. Have you had an alignment yet? You can probably dial out the oversteer that you don't like. And I still think school is a good idea, whether you feel you need it or not. There is always more to learn.

No, I haven't stalled (yet). I live in LA and have plenty of opportunities in the traffic here. And no I don't dump the clutch. I have driven much harder clutches than this, and you must have a skinny leg if you think this is a ball buster.

I park next to a miata at work, almost everyday. The S is bigger. Both the miata and the s2000 are made of steel. If you make a bowling seven inches larger, you telling me it won't way more? And yes: you are exactly right in all the luxury items adding up. I've already considered losing the A/C and radio and other bits for this very reason, but it'll take more than that to knock out 500 pounds. There is also a lot in the frame unaccounted for. 7 inches of body panel may not seem like much, but add to that the additional frame and bracing. It adds up. Sorry, don't mean to preach addition! So I stand by my statement. If you don't like preaching physics, maybe you should check yourself: "it's called high aspect ratio snow tires on a decreasing radium turn".

Personally, I like my power top. What I'm saying above is why would you buy one if you don't want it? I think it's silly to pay for something you don't like.

If I sound aggressive, that's just my opinion, just like your first post. These are just my opinions and I can state them and discuss them with you just as much as anyone.

I'm responding to the statements you made with observations of my own. Our views clash. Did you really think statements like "god's gift to drivers" and "it's notchy and the throws are long" aren't going to get responces? Like I said before, I hope you come to terms with the car, but the first time I drove one, I knew everything was right for me.

Not my intention to pick a fight, but you have a cocksure attitude and it's going to invite a little flaming. I wasn't the first in this thread to pick apart what you said because of the way come off. If you can't stand the heat.... as the saying goes.

Flame on!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:45 PM

Tranny on the S2000 is sick, enough said
Old 02-26-2003, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by Tedow

Umm...what? You can't even get this motor to 260-280 hp at the flywheel without FI. Whatever you're smoking, I want some!
Here's two threads out of many for ya:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...t=port%20polish

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...deband%20sensor

Hams2000 is putting down 237 to the wheels withough stroking. If you add the stroker and it puts down only HALF of the claimed 40 hp, your still at 257, pretty damn close to 260. And that's without porting the head. I'm not smoking anything, thanks. Next time do your own research.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:03 PM

One thought. Suggesting S2000 owners spend a weekend with professional driving instructors reaquainting (or in some cases, acquainting) oneself with the nuances of performance driving is something that should NEVER cease, even at the risk of denting an ego or two.
Montoya doesn't skip his practice laps and yet, there are some of us who feel such time over a weekend wouldn't be productive? I've driven little else BUT two seaters most of my life and I would love to sneak in another weekend with someone who teaches sprited driving for a living.
This is coming from a 40-something who's attended two performance driving schools and looks forward to the next one. There is no such thing as having too much experience, especially prudent considering our vehicle of choice which demands so much from even EXPERIENCED drivers.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Russ
[B]One thought.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:52 PM

The issue was that suggesting driving school was deemed "elitist" - after all, when school was "suggested" he had yet to be "criticized". I criticized him for his comment "elitist". I freely admit I need tons of driving school. I hope to get a lot of proffesional instruction in the coming year to make me a better driver. I've owned a two rx7's before the S, which I think is a far superior car than a miata, yet I never threw that out there as a qualification of my skills, because it isn't

Bandying about like you know everything and don't need school and are put off by the suggestion that it could improve your skills is also bogus.

I admit I could improve my temper, but nobody has suggested that yet At least I can admit when I'm an ass....

Quick Reply: Ok - car was delivered this a.m. - first impressions...