S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ok - car was delivered this a.m. - first impressions...

Old 02-26-2003, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey black on black........Great colors

Have fun it just gets better day after day.

spring is just around the corner!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I just got mine, too!

And black on black ... so pretty!

<----- s2k_redhead

I am freaking not being able to VTEC. It's harder because I already know what it feels like and have developed the "VTEC whenever possible" driving style.

I just have to compare it to sex - it feels like you're almost there, and then you have to back off. Over and over and over and over ....
Old 02-26-2003, 09:58 AM

btw- do you or anyone else have a problem witht he pedal spacing? i have a bad habit of putting my right heel closer to the brake pedal that the gas... sometimes (in the s2000) i accidently rub/tap the brake pedal when i briefly lift off the gas during an upshift. damn, i hat that, but i haven't really gotten under there to see check out the spacing.
Haven't noticed a problem but my feet are only a size 10... though the placement of the pedals does help attempt to heel-toe around the track.

You and are in the same boat when it comes to weather... Here in Baltimore we have 3 feet of snow last week, with another 8 to 10 inches coming today and tomorrow. At least we agree that we've had enough of winter and our S2000s need to come out of hibernation and have some fun... Happy motoring...
Old 02-26-2003, 09:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ace10
[B]
and as for the shifter... i am only two months removed from a 5speed miata with a shorty shifter on it....
Old 02-26-2003, 10:10 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ace10
[B]
i'm not saying that i am expert at driving the s2000, hell we've only had a couple of days where the temp is warm enough to get out there and really test the S-02's.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:15 AM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Berzerker - congrats and have fun.

Ace10 - It's nice you have an opinon,

My opinion is completely opposite. Perfect pedals, perfect shifting. Maybe the s2000 isn't for you. I've driven both and the miata feels nice but flimsy compared to the s. I think the shifter in the Miata is nicer than most, but to me the S shifter has a more positive engagement, where the miata's is a bit soft. And the miata's blind spots are a *bit* better, but it's no Landcruiser.... Bringing up stalling is a silly point. It's a different motor. You have to go to where the torque is. A race prepped motor you'd have to rev to 3000 or 4000 to avoid stalling.... this and your pedal problem and your rear stepping out would probably be helped by a little driving school action, where you could learn to use the oversteer, instead of being a victim to it. What's so elitist about being properly trained to handle your car? I plan to go, because I can only handly about 80% of what this car can do, and I want it all.

As for modding the car. there are two turbo's available, two more coming, two superchargers, one stroker kit, maybe another in the works. Throwing parts at the car? you can do a search of this site and find well documented accounts of what tons of aftermarket parts do for this car, and it's only in its fourth year of production. This motor can be built to 260-280 wheel horsepower without FI. You can't get that power in a small package without spinning it up.

As for its weight, park the S next to a miata. It is substantially larger. More surface area equals more weight. Basic physics there.

And lastly, obviously it's not a miata. I don't expect a miata to perform like a s2000. Sounds like your "challenge" is still ahead of you, have fun.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by berzerker
[B]Ok - a lot of you are big whiny crybabies.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the observations are pretty good. For what it
Old 02-26-2003, 11:00 AM

Jumping in here on one issue, ace10. The shifter in the S is very hard to compete with. Although only have 6k on her, she has been the smoothest and shortest i have driven, which includes cars such as lotus espirt, corvertte, bmw m3,z3, boxster and miata. Maybe something wrong with your tranny.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by wicky
...Bringing up stalling is a silly point.

...your rear stepping out would probably be helped by a little driving school action, where you could learn to use the oversteer, instead of being a victim to it.
Oversteer does not equal fast. Fun, yes maybe under the proper conditions, but it definitely not THE fastest or most efficient way.

You mean to tell me that you have never stalled it out? C'mon I can admit it. SO CAN YOU, unless you're doing clutch dumps all day or live in flatlands or don't have any traffic.

Honda has notoriously unforgiving clutches. They take a good deal of familiarization. I will get accustomed to them again... My last stick shift Honda was a '91 prelude si, and that clutch engagement was a ball buster. I hated to ride shotgun.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wicky
[B]As for its weight, park the S next to a miata.

Quick Reply: Ok - car was delivered this a.m. - first impressions...