S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Not a good day, someone dented side of my car.

Old 08-08-2001, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not a good day, someone dented side of my car.

Driving as much as I do and coming in contact with so many moronic asshoels who doesn't deserve to drive, bad things bound to happen soon or later.
Well that bad thing happened to me today and I am extremely upset.
After a hard day of work at my first job, I come to my beloved car only to find rubber skid marks and gasp a fist size dent on the driver side where the S2000 emblem is. Some one clearly rubbed my car in a wrong way while parking and I can't locate this asshoel.
Well, those of you who've seen my car knows that my car is far from looking pristine with countless chips and glue marks all over sides and rear, but there was nothing like a dent.
My car is clearly due for major body retouching but if the fault was mine then I don't mind paying but if the damage was done by some dikcless who is so coward to admit the mistake, there is a serious problem with me.
The dent is not that bad but I am sure you guys understand how pissed off I am.
and since the dent is located on driver's side, I have to painfully look at it everytime I go into my car until fixed.

This sucks that something like this had to happen before the major DC,MD,VA meet coming up this Saturday.

I hope the loser who did this burn in hell.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry, i hope you get that f...u...c...k...e...r!
Old 08-08-2001, 12:55 PM

that really must suck!!! I would be enraged too. that sh1t happens up here ALL the time in lots and on main streets where parking is available.. and no one is accountable..

simon2000
toronto, canada
Old 08-08-2001, 01:21 PM

Is the dent REALLY bad, or could you have it fixed "paintless"?

Post a pic if you could...
Thx,
-- Aaron
Old 08-08-2001, 01:35 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Hope that it is a quick fix.
sousleau
Old 08-08-2001, 01:41 PM

That sucks man, I know how upset you must be. Here's what helps me though - look around you, see all the people who love and care about you, and remember how important they are, and how glad you are that it wasn't one of them that got a 'dent'. Then, it's really easy to think 'It's Just A Car'.
Old 08-08-2001, 01:53 PM

I'd still file a police report despite the fact that it is probably less than your deductible. That way if some one gets their paint touched up while displaying war paint of your color code, the body shops will be notified to call the police for hit and run. Then, maybe, you'll get your hit & run friend's address so you can press charges and call on him 1 -2 months in the future.
Old 08-08-2001, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks you guys for the word of encouragement.

Like I said, the damage isn't that bad but cannot be ignored.
I will seek out 'paintless' dent removal and I think it is doable.

I will try to post the pics later when I can.

Hopely my car will become normal again soon.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:00 PM

I use "Dent Magic" on Burnet, just south of Trudies (near hw.183). I've used them for years with outstanding results. They are in the back of a little shxt hole shop that sells wheels... I don't have the number off hand--but I the results are AMAZING and its like $50 bucks a panel (maybe more if its a serious dent).

I HIGHLY recommend them.
-- Aaron
Old 08-08-2001, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by 1Randyc
T<snip>I will seek out 'paintless' dent removal and I think it is doable.</snip>
I had someone put a dent in my MR2 with what appeared to be their fist. I got a 4" suction cup from trak auto for $1, washed the surface well (wouldn't do to scratch it!), put the cup over it and pulled - hard. Wound up on my ass 3 feet away from the car, but when I went looking for the dent it was gone! If I looked closely I could see a light deformation, but I was the only one ot ever notice it, and it's not something that I'd have paid $$$$$$ to get rectified...

Quick Reply: Not a good day, someone dented side of my car.