S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

NOOOO!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going by insurance law, when a guy drinks and drives and gets into an accident, the insurance company that insures that guy is absolved of all responsibility.

so if you get hit, u either claim him in a civil suit or u claim from your own insurance company, which means 1) u get lawyers fees without knowing if you can get him to pay up or 2)your premium goes up the next year.
either one is crap.

i ought to know, i was in the same situation as a victim which totalled my previous S....
Old 10-07-2008, 05:04 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by gilgothdae,Oct 6 2008, 10:45 PM
are you serious? I'm assuming?

you go driving and see a swerving car coming at you in a two lane road that then starts to merge head on into you then when you completely lose control and spin out and there is a ton of noise an the "sober" driver doesn't turn around to help the person they just screwed and then tell me they aren't intoxicated. it happened @ 3 am...Bars close @ 2 or 3 I believe...more likelihood of it being a drunk than anything else.

I can't believe all the random bullshit thoughtless comment that have popped up because of this thread. I post to inform and keep a (I thought ) like minded community informed and I get shit? F$%k that. don't bother commenting if your just being a dumb shit.
Well, maybe you didn't tell us any of that. All you said was that you got run off the road and the other driver didn't stop. Could have been someone merging and never even saw you for all we know. Lighten up, man. Sorry you lost your car but how are we to know what happened by your earlier description? Based upon your description here, I'd have to assume they were hammered too.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 AM

sucks to hear man. HOpefully you get it all worked out quickly and easily. At least you arent hurt though. You are very fortunate.

-Ian
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

i got run off the road by a jackass about a year ago (less than a month after getting my S2000) and the guy gunned it to get away. i swerved to avoid him and went up on a 4" curb...rash on both of my wheels. i re-started my car and went after him, and he finally pulled over. however, since there was no contact between his car and mine, and no witnesses stopped, his insurance company said i was still at fault. GEICO however did not find me to be at fault.

moral of the story is that if you're in your lane and someone cuts you off, you should probably just let them hit you unless you know you can avoid the car AND anything else around you.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt,Oct 7 2008, 05:04 AM
Well, maybe you didn't tell us any of that. All you said was that you got run off the road and the other driver didn't stop. Could have been someone merging and never even saw you for all we know. Lighten up, man. Sorry you lost your car but how are we to know what happened by your earlier description? Based upon your description here, I'd have to assume they were hammered too.
hey, sry bout that. pretty stressed out between this, classes, work and now joining up with the Marines so I've been stretched pretty thin.

Just wasn't expecting any responses like that or a few others.

Another Update. They are not totalling it. it comes out to 9,728 in damages and I won't get the car back for about a month.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 AM

that sucks dude...thank god you are ok though! even something like a broken leg (guy above) is a pain in the ass...let alone anything MAJOR!

hope car comes out good!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't worry about the frame damage. Straighteners are pretty good these days.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by gilgothdae,Oct 6 2008, 07:45 PM
I can't believe all the random bullshit thoughtless comment that have popped up because of this thread. I post to inform and keep a (I thought ) like minded community informed and I get shit? F$%k that. don't bother commenting if your just being a dumb shit.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 PM

???
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by gilgothdae,Oct 7 2008, 02:53 PM
Another Update. They are not totalling it. it comes out to 9,728 in damages and I won't get the car back for about a month.
Yep, sorry too. It's funny how text only stuff sounds when you read it. It's probably pretty influenced by your frame of mind at the time. I really didn't mean anything accuasatory. I was just curious.

9700????? Ouch. That's a lot of work.

Quick Reply: NOOOO!