S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

No more Suzuka Blue this year?

Old 04-28-2002, 06:14 AM
cbj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more Suzuka Blue this year?

Was reading through posts the other day and I saw this

Originally posted by Brad Lee
... I went to Ed Voyles Honda yesterday to order some touchup paint ( no need yet but have to anticipate ) and they said Honda has officially discontinued production of the Suzuka Blue for the remainder of this year... All the orders for Blue have been replaced w/ Sebring/Black per the Sales and the Inventory managers... They advsed they ran out of interiors for the Blue ....
Anyone else heard anything about this? I am supposed to be getting a June build blue, but now I am starting to wonder. Of course my contact at the dealership is on vacation right now, so I thought I'd check the fountain of knowledge that is s2000online and see if anyone can confirm or deny.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:28 AM

If true, then I am glad I got mine when I did! I think it sounds like a sales ploy to me though....

I do know that the Suzuka Blue touchup paint is like impossible to find, I still need to find some.
Old 04-28-2002, 06:49 AM

Not sure but I went to my dealer last week and they said they can still order them, so I did. I was told that Suzuka Blue will not be available for 2003, but then again that could just be the dealer doing their usual BS to get you into signing the paper. I was also told they made less Suzuka Blue than they did with Spa Yellow and White.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:32 AM

Originally posted by Luft46

I do know that the Suzuka Blue touchup paint is like impossible to find, I still need to find some.
Go to an automotive paint store, and have them mix the Suzuka Blue touch-up paint for you. There are paint code #'s on the car, and most shops should be able to mix a pint. Be sure and get acrylic enamel and NOT laquer.... enamel is easier to touch up with using the torn end of a match, or for tiny nicks an end of a toothpick works best. I've never liked the touch up tubes from a dealership that well.....(just personal opinion).
Old 04-29-2002, 05:26 AM

My dealer said only 2% of all S2000's brought into the country were suzuka blue (at the time of purchase at least) and did mention a few weeks ago that Honda probably would cease production of the color after this year which I find to be great news! Not sure about them ending the run early due to interior hide availabilities but I would hate to see myself coming and going...as is, I'm the only suzuka blue in my state.
However, I'm sure that will change by mid-summer.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:31 AM

i think suzuka looks alot better in person than in pics...
Old 04-29-2002, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess they ran out of blue cows
Old 04-29-2002, 07:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Russ
[B]My dealer said only 2% of all S2000's brought into the country were suzuka blue (at the time of purchase at least) and did mention a few weeks ago that Honda probably would cease production of the color after this year which I find to be great news!
Old 04-29-2002, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by reecespieces
I guess they ran out of blue cows
Old 04-29-2002, 01:16 PM

Sure hadn't. I put my deposit down on 4-18 and they punched in the order and told me I'd most likely get at the end of next month.

Quick Reply: No more Suzuka Blue this year?