S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000

Old 08-28-2002, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you can't beat it, lie about it!
Old 08-28-2002, 02:24 PM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by J Ritt
We've all corrected car dealers on their mis-info...nothing new there...
What is NEW is that Nissan (not the dealers) published this, and they are encouraging the spread of this mis-information!! Yes it may be an internal document, but it's still lies and it is still published by Nissan. I have never seen such blatant lying, from the top, like this before. Instead of doing their own "independent" test (with little to no factual numbers) Honda instead waits for the magazine to do their reviews and then does reprints. I admit that car mags are not totally unbiased, but this crap Nissan published is TOTALLY biased and contains several outright lies. I still think Honda needs to pursue legal action.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:26 PM
STL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rossmon1
So does anyone know an email address at nissan so we can send our comments concerning their propaganda and how prospective buyers of which there r probably some who currently own an s2k, are turned off by the bullshit?
You would be better off sending the information to American Honda Motors.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:28 PM

This fishwrap provides us with yet another example of why most salesfolks are ill prepared to sell performance vehicles. The fact that the average buyer of either car is probably much better informed then your atypical Honda or Nissan salesperson makes this nonsense shown above even more hilarious. Don't quote headroom stats using a convertible! BWAHAHAHAH.
Also....I'm 6-4 and have no problems climbing in, getting out of, or reaching for the stereo controls. And another thing, is it just me or when a competitor COMPLAINS about the car's single minded purpose (hardcore racing/running...ill suited for idling in city traffic) am I the only one that doesn't gleem with PRIDE over this?
Old 08-28-2002, 02:32 PM

Received 5,355 Likes on 3,183 Posts

J Ritt, I will say this.

At the heart of the Z is a great engine. That said, their mid-20s to mid-30s pricing skeem ensures that those who buy at the low end can say the got great value. . . but how many actually will once that honest salesman starts loading 'em up.

As a current Nissian owner I know are local dealership is one heck'va lot better than our Honda one and I'll say my Maxima is the best car I've ever owned. So enjoy your new Z.

I admire that Nissian came out with a car that an average dude can afford. I suspect its a more practical car - it better be if they plan to sell the numbers I heard. We band of brothers who own the S2000 don't really need to worry. With a set a wheels like ours, who cares about golf.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:59 PM

they forgot to mention that HUGE bar that goes across the whole trunk making it useless.....
Old 08-28-2002, 03:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Palmateer
[B]Since late 1999, Honda has been able to sell all the S2000s it cares to make without casting any aspersions on any other car.

I have not seen any similar sales comparison handouts from Honda.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]J Ritt, I will say this.
Old 08-28-2002, 04:54 PM

We can talk all we want but nothing will be done unless Honda America get a hold of the ad. Nissan will get sue for sure this is slander, not comparison. Dirty tactic if you ask me. Heck if Microsoft can get a spanking I don't see why Nissan doesn't deserve one here
Old 08-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Former Moderator

I just posted over at the 350Z forum, I'll repeat what I said here.

I own and race an s2000. My boss just took delivery of a 350Z with the track package. We're both going to thunderhill on tuesday. Lap times will show everything

Quick Reply: Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000