S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000

Old 09-02-2002, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see nothing bad about the article. I'd much prefer the high strung S2K. For those who'd like a "more complete" pkg let them go to Nissan. The only advantage I'd really give to the Nissan is the powder coated Brembo calipers.

"The S2000 is a niche car, it does not do enough to make it practical for the masses, good thing for you guys."

And isn't this THE POINT OF THE CAR?

And, yes, sadly, many need to check their egos at the door...
Old 09-02-2002, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told him to go home because he's no different than the person who went and instigated something on their board. "We" did not instigate the link, one person did. If you'll note, a significant portion of the S2K owners in this thread are asking "so what" about the marketing stuff. The last thing we need is a flame war between the people who get worked up about the stuff enough to post on the 350Z board and those sensitive enough to register and respond with insults here.

I think everyone should be welcome here, but not if they're just here to take a shot at someone else.

UL

Originally posted by airgate

As for this latest tid-bit on the board. . .it's dissapointing as we are teling the 350Z folks to go "home" but we instigated the entire link in their forum.

Let's not make ourselves look like a bunch of fools.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI:

This thread was created in our board after one of the 350Z board members posted up the training material on their board. Nobody really gave a hoot over in the other board about it since oh it is just one of their own who was posting it; However, when I posted it up I was told to F%uck off troll and was offered the usual Honda stereotypical as an initial response. I didn't start the flame war, they started with their greater than thou "I don't need to know any other car other than the 350Z" crap and insults, saying that we are so scared of them.

When I came back at them, since there are some things I would ignore but not when people are blatent idiots, they had no real concrete arguement but then started to focus on their marketing slogan with the usual honda crap.

If Honda published crap I wouldn't deny it and for sure wouldn't rationalize it since such behaviour would tarnish the brand.

Oh BTW, for all that see there is no big deal about spreading misinformation, I hope you have fun driving your Automatic S2000 and hope the Nissan drivers point and laugh at you too for it. Since that is what you drive according to Nissan.

Why doesn't our moderator lock this thread like their's did? Perhaps we are more open to debates even though our cars are getting slammed in them while those babies over there can't take criticism of their new pride and joy and just have their blinders on.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[B]I told him to go home because he's no different than the person who went and instigated something on their board.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by airgate
[B]Dissapointed. . .
Old 09-02-2002, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're missing the point. It isn't about "who started it". It takes two to tango - that's a hard fact. They have a 350Z board. Clearly that's what they're interested in. And why in the world would you care what a 350Z driver thinks of you? I'm too busy enjoying my car to worry about what other people think.

Its marketing propaganda. It doesn't matter. And even if it did, the only entity that has any cause to do anything about it is Honda the corporation. It doesn't diminish the reality of who you are and what vehicle you chose. Did your car feel any different when you drove it after reading the marketing slop?

I abhor inter-site flamewars. They're useless and they tend to bring out the one percenters who are fanatical. And it ruins it for the rest of us. That's why I told the 350Z guy to go home. He's not here to build rapport and share experiences with fellow _CAR_ enthusiasts. He's here to take a shot at you. Take it to PM or email.

UL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FormerH22a4
[B]FYI:

This thread was created in our board after one of the 350Z board members posted up the training material on their board. Nobody really gave a hoot over in the other board about it since oh it is just one of their own who was posting it; However, when I posted it up I was told to F%uck off troll and was offered the usual Honda stereotypical as an initial response. I didn't start the flame war, they started with their greater than thou "I don't need to know any other car other than the 350Z" crap and insults, saying that we are so scared of them.

When I came back at them, since there are some things I would ignore but not when people are blatent idiots, they had no real concrete arguement but then started to focus on their marketing slogan with the usual honda crap.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 'smyroad
[B]It's funny how the comparison stops at the performance times.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by 03350Z
THe 350Z should be very popular and you will see them en masse, but when you do somehting right, people generally want in on it.
Another difference between the S2000 and the 350Z is here in your statement....the S2000 was not directed at the general public, it was directed for a very specific group of enthusiasts, which it has successfully done. My guess is that the 350 will also be quite successful in reaching it's target audience as well...
Old 09-02-2002, 07:08 PM

I must say after spending several months over at my350z.com, that the quality of the people over there is not even a fraction of what it is here. They are uninformed, arrogant and uneducated. They don't know a transmission from a differential and yet they think they know why the 350Z is the greatest sports car ever made. I wouldn't waste my time dealing with fools like them. I only post informational posts there (most of the time to correct their stupidity and general lack of knowledge) and don't get involved in this kind of crap.

In short, this board blows away the 350Z boards in the level of knowledge, know-how and maturity. This is a very clear indication of the difference in user-bases of the two cars.

Not to say that I wouldn't buy a Z down the road, though, I love the car itself.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2kRob
[B]I must say after spending several months over at my350z.com, that the quality of the people over there is not even a fraction of what it is here.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:49 PM

Many of you guys amaze me. Most don't cross shop? Huh? I know lots of people with Hondas, Nissans, and others combined. That is a misinformed statement.

As for the Z vs. the S2K, well who cares? Is that what owning a car is about? To compare your car to the others? OMG how lame you are if that is why you bought your car; to have something other people don't have so you feel special.

I dunno, but the only reason I would feel special about a car I owned would only be if I designed and built the thing myself, and I would only feel special because of the accomplishment I made in doing so, not because I have something others don't have..

So, go out and find that special car, the one tha matches yout he best and that you enjoy driving the most. Research it and test drive it, and then go and buy it. Please enjoy it as best you can, but please don't be so sup[erficial to think that your car is BETTER than someone else's car, because really why does it matter?

John M

P.S - I know of a few people who will say their car is better than any new car or expensive car because theirs simply is cheaper and gets better gas mileage...

Quick Reply: Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000