S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000

Old 09-01-2002, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anytime I go to a dealership and the salesman starts trashing other cars I may be considering he's usually so badly misinformed about the subject as to be laughable. I have more respect for a manufacturer that appreciates the technical advances that his competitor has in its products rather than trying to deride its competitors with falsehoods. Nissans 350Z should be able to stand on its own merits, belittling the S2000 only makes them look desperate.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picture myself going into a dealership looking for a sales job... and they tell me I'm overqualified because I know too much...
Old 09-01-2002, 07:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FormerH22a4
[B]Regardless of the audience, the mistakes are blatent. It is probably the same dumbasses that came up with the SHIFT ____ slogan campaign.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:33 PM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,124 Posts

No need to worry, just take the nonsense from where it comes. In the long run the cars will speak for themselves. This is and has always been the case. Long after the hype and lies are forgotten, the cars (and what they are) are what remain, and what we will remember.

If the new Z is truly what Nissan says it is, we will soon find out. If it is not, we will soon know that too. None of this has anything to do with the S and it diminishes Nissan's reputation to suggest that it does.

My S is the greatest car that I have ever owned. The Z may also turn out to be a great car. In the long run, each needs to stand on it's own merits.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:35 PM

I've driven enough comfortable cars. I love my S2000 at all speeds. When I crash over bumps and have to work for my fun, I'm reminded I'm alive and this is the ultimate car for me and for the price.

I'm intellectually disturbed regarding Nissan's blatant inaccuracies, but I go on loving all cars, but especially mine!
Old 09-01-2002, 08:13 PM

Its all advertising thats what they all do but hey when u drive an S2000 u know u r in a race car and nobody has one and u know when u redline your driving a sports car!!!!!! please and our roof comes down Love my car..Hopefully Honda can make a meaner car thats goes against the Slks and Z4s M
Old 09-01-2002, 08:17 PM

Like you Zidiots tell me on your board.

F%UCK you troll..

go back to your mass produce and fit for the masses car. The K car and Beetle was produce for the masses.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03350Z
[B]Aren't we just a bit full of ourselves? Maybe these wannabes don't want to wind their freakin engines up to 8K just to beat that punk ass kid on the moped across the intersection. Why would you buy a BMW over a 350Z? Maybe in your mind slower is
Old 09-01-2002, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please go home, most of us could care less about the inaccurate marketing material, and we sure as hell don't care what you think. When you have something useful to offer, we'll welcome you with open arms. If you have a problem with an individual, take it private.

UL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03350Z
[B]Aren't we just a bit full of ourselves? Maybe these wannabes don't want to wind their freakin engines up to 8K just to beat that punk ass kid on the moped across the intersection. Why would you buy a BMW over a 350Z? Maybe in your mind slower is
Old 09-02-2002, 06:35 AM
Former Moderator

Dissapointed. . .

But not at Nissan's dealer material, that's quite normal actually with lots of cars. Have any of you seen the S2000 dealer guide? It smacks down the Boxster, Mercedes SLK and Audi TT. While Honda's guide was not far reaching in the truth, the language was very direct.

The purpose, afterall, is for the sales folks to have a way of closing the sale now. I believe with a $30k car, most of the buyers will be educated ones and won't listen to the sales people at any rate. These folks will do their own research and test drives. That will be the true source on why they want the car.

The S2000 is my love. It's a passion. It's helped me do a 180 degree turn in life and I've met some of the best folks around. Better friends than I ever had in high school or college.

The new 350Z is a beautiful car. I have yet to see one in the flesh, but I'm sure I won't be dissapointed. It's a shame that car enthusiasts are so clouded at times by outside sources, egos, whatever. We all should love our cars and respect the folks around us.

As for this latest tid-bit on the board. . .it's dissapointing as we are teling the 350Z folks to go "home" but we instigated the entire link in their forum.

Let's not make ourselves look like a bunch of fools.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by airgate
[B]Dissapointed. . .

Quick Reply: Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000