S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000

Old 08-29-2002, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As said previously, many manufacturers do this. I don't want to kill www.mkiv.com 's bandwidth by directly linking to something but if you head over to the website, hit enter, specifications on the top left, toyota supra product information book '93 in the middle, and click on any of the links to the numerous comparisons, you can see that Toyota also publishes this information for the Supra. It is part of the training the salespeople have to go through. It is not destined for the public to view.

In regard the their published misinformation, perhaps they just made a little mistake? I doubt Nissan deliberately lied about the information. However, they did go to great lengths to take pictures of the wheel not fitting inside and all.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless of the audience, the mistakes are blatent. It is probably the same dumbasses that came up with the SHIFT ____ slogan campaign.

The majority of the people on 350Z forum are just wannabes who think the new trendy Z will provide them the solution for all their worldly problems. They have no real counter points and have to resort to lame cop outs. Boo hoo, lets use the typical honda stereotype

I give respect where it is deserved and so far, the majority of Z owners are just the poor mans version of a BMW owner.

The root of this thread was about the training material, you can't deny, it is full of lies and errors. If people can't admit to that, then they have no ground to start a debate. I respect the "Frankenstein" car more than their owners so far, since they are just a bunch of trend followers and not in it for the true love of the car.

SHIFT "my ass"!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little surprised that many people are getting worked up over internal marketing crap and a bunch of people on the internet who don't even own the car yet. Does any of it really matter?

UL
Old 08-30-2002, 01:34 AM
cbj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little surprised as well, must be a slow news day. To twist a phrase a little- "There are lies, damned lies, and marketing." Sure they have two factual errors (timing chain and tire in trunk) but other than that it's typical marketing fluff.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:12 AM

Absolutely. And I still won't buy one.
I wonder what the convertible version will look like ? A 4-seater S2000, probably.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TypeS2K
[B]

I kind of feel sorry for Nissan and yet, at the same time, admire their amazing comeback.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:04 AM

Let's see them get a full sized spare in the trunk of their roadster when it comes out next year. Nissan folks usually don't cross shop with Honda anyway. Their GM approach of putting the same parts on all of their cars will catch up with them one day.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:21 PM

If you want to have a fun time, visit the car & driver frum where some Nissan owners are trying to rationalize it:

http://forums.caranddriver.com/ubb/ultimat...ic&f=1&t=006307
Old 09-01-2002, 12:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Palmateer
[B]Since late 1999, Honda has been able to sell all the S2000s it cares to make without casting any aspersions on any other car.

I have not seen any similar sales comparison handouts from Honda.
Old 09-01-2002, 04:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ultimate lurker
[B]I'm a little surprised that many people are getting worked up over internal marketing crap and a bunch of people on the internet who don't even own the car yet.

Quick Reply: Nissan publishing LIES about the S2000