S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

News from Honda. . .the Perfect Drives!

Old 04-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default News from Honda. . .the Perfect Drives!

From Honda News. . .

Acura Helps Coupe Enthusiasts Find 'The Perfect Drive'

Torrance, CA 04/15/2002 -- On Monday, April 22, Acura will launch its "The Perfect Drive" Web site, featuring descriptions, video and maps of some of America's most beautiful and challenging drives. Through partnerships including the U.S. Department of Transportation's America's Byways program, Conde Nast Traveler and Entertainment Weekly, Acura will introduce driving enthusiasts to a variety of America's best roads and to three sports coupes that thrive on them, the Acura NSX, 3.2 CL Type-S and RSX Type-S.
"Our sports coupes are designed and tuned to thrive on challenging roads," said Dick Colliver, vice president, sales, "so we figured it was a smart idea to tell our customers where to find those roads. Hopefully, this Web site will be a great resource for driving enthusiasts."

Beginning, April 22, acura.comperfectdrive, a micro site within the Acura Web site, will feature a variety of road-related links and information displayed in five unique categories:

Drive - Links visitors to Conde Nast Traveler's "Great Drives in America" supplement, featuring the Acura NSX and CL Type-S and eleven picturesque North American roads. Visitors can download maps for each road and enter to win a trip to one of the "Great Drives" destinations.

Listen - This link partners with Entertainment Weekly to take visitors on an RSX Type-S road trip to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. Visitors can view a trip itinerary with descriptions of the sites the RSX visits along the way and download a free Winamp player and Acura "The Perfect Drive" Winamp skin.

Experience - Will feature video clips from a special Acura sports coupe segment that will air in May on the Speed Channel. Visitors can view clips from the segment, which includes breathtaking driving footage taken along the California coast as well as driving impressions from professional drivers Tommy Kendall and Peter Cunningham.

Explore - By accessing this part of the site, visitors can link to the U.S. Department of Transportation's America's Byways program, which lists current, detailed information on a wide variety of America's scenic and historic roads. By following the link, users can read detailed descriptions and download a free map showing many of the roads.

Dine - In this section, users can get a special, free PDA-downloadable version of the Zagat Survey restaurant review guide.

Too bad Honda has not thought of the S2000 in this. . .
Old 04-22-2002, 03:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rt. 2 from Troy, NY into Massachusetts is quite an awesome experience in an S2000! (for those around the upstate NY area of course.)

-RIDGERCR
Old 04-23-2002, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miata enthusiasts have already done this:

http://miatadrives.com/
Old 04-23-2002, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to THE PERFECT DRIVE postcards:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=58425

Old 04-23-2002, 04:43 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

I've never done any of these drives, but they look more like good scenic cruises than great driving roads.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by WestSideBilly
I've never done any of these drives, but they look more like good scenic cruises than great driving roads.
that all depends... a scenic drive, sure - if you are stuck behind a minivan. if not.... *smiling from ear to ear* =D
Old 04-23-2002, 06:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the road that is the "perfect drive" for me

Old 04-23-2002, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked out the site...they end up referencing another 3rd party website: byways.org

And from what I saw on there...the drives were scenic but not the 'challenging' ones I was hoping for!

Not even a reference to the "Dragon". I'm sure there are much better roads. When I'm in my S, I don't want to stop by and look at antique shops on some 'historical road'. I want to go through some twisties, some elevation changes... I want nice paved roads with no potholes or gravel. There should be a website for the REAL PERFECT DRIVES.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like my drive:

Route 1 between Monterey and Morro Bay through Pebble Beach and 17 mile drive. The weather couldn't have been better.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:28 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChiS2K
[B]I checked out the site...they end up referencing another 3rd party website:

Quick Reply: News from Honda. . .the Perfect Drives!