S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Newest owner!!!!!

Old 06-24-2002, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newest owner!!!!!

Hello!

Okay, I may not be the newest owner anymore since I have now had this wonderful machine for four days! I have been lurking for over a year, and finally found myself in acceptable financial and mental states to purchase. Thanks everyone for all of the information and advice you have unknowingly provided!

Amusing story: I disliked the Sebring Silver from what I saw in photos and the Silver/Black on the floor (especially as compared with the Silverstone). I disliked the red interior photos I saw on the forum. I was planning on waiting for a Black/Black arriving in one week. When I walked into the showroom the next day, I was immediately smitten by the Sebring Silver with Red interior which had just been delivered. I struggled with the choice for a day, couldn't escape the draw of the Sebring/Red, and returned to purchase it! Hey, I can admit when I'm wrong! What a great combo! No one else should judge these colors without seeing them in person...

A few details: I bought it for MSRP (any Houstonians looking for an alternative to JEH and McDavid should email/PM me). I have driven 300 miles so far, and have been very good with no VTEC until 600 (and, to be honest, this car is still very quick!). I have taken the front license plate hardware off and am debating the whole "black versus body-colored windshield frame" issue (both look good). I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but I am just so excited and impressed!

All I can says is WOW! Why didn't anyone tell me how amazing this car is? It is simply the best car I have ever driven!

Sorry, this post is longer than I intended. Let me sum up--fantastic car and forum!

Thanks again all!
Old 06-24-2002, 10:54 AM

Welcome to the club smack,jot down your vin # and change your status.Any mods planned?
Old 06-24-2002, 11:37 AM

congrats...pics? I know we already have some..but more couldn't hurt...could they? nah.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:34 PM

I'm a new owner too Mine was picked up Friday night! I've put 285 miles on it so far and I am planning a trip th Charleston, SC this weekend so I can put some miles on it and to have a little more fun. I have the New Formula Red/Black and everyone thinks it is great!!!!! The stereo is the only thing so far that I need to change but it's not that bad. Everyone on the boards seem to hate the stereo. I think they changed the output for this MY. I would like to add new speakers though and maybe an amplifier.