S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: New VAFC mounting location...need input within!!!
I am interested in the VAFC radio mount
37.50%
I am interested in the VAFC visor mount
34.38%
I am not interested in any VAFC mounts
28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

New VAFC mounting location...need input within!!!

Old 03-12-2002, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New VAFC mounting location...need input within!!!

As you can see above, I was able to get the VAFC to install into the radio door. Don't bother telling my how many scratches there are all over the place...I know...I did this in a hurry just to see if it would fit. To let you all know...you can put it all the way back in the radio door so it is flush with the bottom of the radio door and only sticks out 1/4 inch or so at the top of the door (This is because the door is slopped in up top of course). My prefered angle for the VAFC is shown here though with it turned slightly at an angle to the driver. Now obviously I am going to redo this in a new radio door because this one looks like crap but I ran accross a business contact lately that has a personal laser cutter he uses for his home business and would be interested in doing a bunch of these but I wasn't sure if there was any interest at all. The laser cut door would of course be perfectly cut to the VAFC specs and have a perfect fit. I will purchase a lasercut one at a the higher cost to show you guys what it looks like if I can see there is interest...also...I can laser cut the sun visor as well and make that look perfect if anyone is interested... I will have more pics up later! Please vote above if you are interested and please don't vote if you really don't plan on being interested in this product. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2002, 11:05 AM

Interesting location..... I would be interested however I would want my vafc to mount on the inside of the radio door, that way you will have access to both your radio and vafc?

I'm really surprised no one has thought of this or even tryed the inside of the radio door yet. I think this would be an ideal place for the unit.

thoughts? comments?
Old 03-12-2002, 11:58 AM

If I understand you correctly you want to put the VAFC inside the radio door so when you open up the door the VAFC is facing you and so is the radio...This is possilble but you will have the butt end of the VAFC sticking out and facing you whenever the door is closed because the VAFC cannot fit in the section between the door and radio. This is no problem with this fitting in the radio door that I am making...you would just turn the VAFC around!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by funsdead
[B]Interesting location..... I would be interested however I would want my vafc to mount on the inside of the radio door, that way you will have access to both your radio and vafc?

I'm really surprised no one has thought of this or even tryed the inside of the radio door yet.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:59 AM

I am interested...
Old 03-12-2002, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cyber Logic
[B]If I understand you correctly you want to put the VAFC inside the radio door so when you open up the door the VAFC is facing you and so is the radio...This is possilble but you will have the butt end of the VAFC sticking out and facing you whenever the door is closed because the VAFC cannot fit in the section between the door and radio.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[B]Interesting location..... I would be interested however I would want my vafc to mount on the inside of the radio door, that way you will have access to both your radio and vafc?

I'm really surprised no one has thought of this or even tryed the inside of the radio door yet.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:21 PM

I'm possitive...I've been playing with this all weekend...trust me...it might be possible to put the lower 1/32 inch of the vafc in the door and even that's pushing it but the door slopes in on the way up and that would mean that the VAFC would protrude about 1/4 inch past the door up top. Sorry bud...unless you removed the radio or moved the radio back somehow there just isn't room!

[B]

are you sure it won't fit, even if you gut most of the inside of the radio door out.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by PsychoBen

Lastly, with the radio door setup, facing out or what not, it's unlikely you'll be able to fit an aftermarket head unit as they usually protude out much more than the stock head unit.
Very true...I am currently working with this. If you have the setup where the VAFC is tilted slightly toward the driver than you have between 1/4" and 1/2" of clearance between the VAFC and the Radio but if you put the vafc flat against the panel pushed back so it's flush with the bottom of the radio door there is practically no clearance so this would be a problem. Very good point!
Old 03-12-2002, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the input guys...keep it comin!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:24 PM

it look sharp. can you post more pictures, wondering how it looks from behind the
cover and how the wires goes

Quick Reply: New VAFC mounting location...need input within!!!