S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New trims available for 02 model !!

Old 11-07-2001, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New trims available for 02 model !!

This monday (5.11.01) I ordered my S2K. I first ordered red exterior since I didn't like the new sebring silver or the all red interior. After showing my dealer the pics with the all red interior (he had no information about this), he called Honda Switzerland (that's in Europe - just in case ). After checking, they called back and assured him/me the following :

1) Silverstone silver is still available for 02 models ! (or probably "available again")
2) There are three (!) options for the interior: black, all red, and black/red (as before) !

I jumped and ordered a silverstone with black/red interior. The import agent really assured that three trims for the interior are available ! I think if they didn't knew, they'd insist on two only. Another point is, that I have to wait one month longer for the black/red interior than for the black - so I'm quite confident that they know what they're talking about and that Honda realized they made a step in the wrong direction with the first 02 models for America. But of course there's still that little fear that one day I'll get a call "We're sorry but..." because when we started asking questions in the first place, they appeared very puzzled !

If anyone has good contacts to Honda, there are some questions:
1) Is this really, 100% and absolutely true ?
2) Are these trims only available for Europe or was the strategy changed after shipping the first models ?
3) Why are the dealers not informed about such major changes ? Receiving an all red interior when not asked for, can lead to very embarrassing situations and a lot of returned models - not to speak of many unhappy customers.

Michael
Old 11-09-2001, 01:35 AM

Ok, I just made Honda Switzerland to call Honda U.K. again and it's absolutely certain: You can get three versions for the 02 interior with silverstone silver:

1) black (color code ends with "M")
2) red (color code ends with "MX")
3) black/red (color code ends with "MY")

Option 2 (...MX) is all red, including the instrument panel (as seen in some posts here)
Option 3 (...MY) might be a bit different to the 01 red/black interior:

* red carpet
* red seats
* black instrument panel
* black doors

AFAIK the doors no longer have any red areas, but that's not sure - and not that important IMHO.

So make sure you get the right code and have the dealer check back again with Honda int.

Michael
Old 11-09-2001, 07:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts

Neuweiler,

I was just at my local Honda dealership in the States.
I was looking through the color and fabric book the dealerships have.
On the S2000 page there was no Silverstone just the Sebring Silver. And it had one black leather swatch and one red leather swatch for the interior.

Once again maybe it's something only the Euro markets will get?
Old 11-14-2001, 07:42 AM

Whops ! I'm sorry about that one.. I hoped these where world-wide good news. Maybe it would make sense to import one from EU ?
Old 11-14-2001, 08:03 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by neuweiler
[B]This monday (5.11.01) I ordered my S2K. I first ordered red exterior since I didn't like the new sebring silver or the all red interior. After showing my dealer the pics with the all red interior (he had no information about this), he called Honda Switzerland (that's in Europe - just in case ). After checking, they called back and assured him/me the following :

1) Silverstone silver is still available for 02 models ! (or probably "available again")
2) There are three (!) options for the interior: black, all red, and black/red (as before) !
Old 11-14-2001, 10:16 AM
Ice

Mikerich,

Indy Yellow is still availible, the Nurburgring blue is probably the same as Suzuka blue, the latter one has a choice between black or blue interior with blue soft top.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:31 AM

terribly false info...at least as it applies to the US.

There IS NO silverstone metallic silver offered anymore in USA.

That's direct info from HONDA NORTH AMERICA.

Relying on European market information when ordering a US car in the US market is ridiculous- and misinformative to our members.

I just bought the 02 sebring silver...I had wanted the silverstone, but it was unavailable. Anyways, I'm extremely happy with the new silver- one thinks it's going to not look as good, but in fact, in PERSON, it looks cleaner and better.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by Ice
Mikerich,

Indy Yellow is still availible, the Nurburgring blue is probably the same as Suzuka blue, the latter one has a choice between black or blue interior with blue soft top.
senility setting in - sorry -
Old 11-15-2001, 08:18 AM

mikerich: According to the dealer I should get it in the first or second week of March 2002. A long time.. but it's winter here anyway so it doesn't get covered with salt til then.

gomason: what was the "i" in s2ki again ? I didn't mention you should apply this info on the US market - en contraire, I asked if somebody knew if it was just the case for Europe. Nothing ridiculous or misinformative about it.