S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: New Silver - Thanks to Wendy's
Silver - yeah baby...
47.50%
White
17.50%
Black
10.00%
Red
12.50%
Yellow
12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

New Silver - Thanks to Wendy's

Old 06-12-2001, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Silver - Thanks to Wendy's

I know... I must have been hiding under a rock, but until I saw a new silver S2K in person parked at Wendy's (Hillsdale, NJ) in April I didn't know how cool the car looked! I have only seen two others on the road since then (white and red).

I had met my wife for lunch, and even she thought it looked great. Well for the past two years I have not had a sports car while the kids are in High School. (From '73 - '99 that's all I ever drove: Triumph GT6, 240Z, 280Z, Fiero GT, MR2 and Mr2 SC.) I went on-line and the more I dug into the car, the better it sounded. We are having our 25th anniv in August, so I figured what the heck... if I'm going to do something crazy, I better do it now so we'll have it for the Summer.

I picked up the Silver/Black from the dealer and parked it at Wendy's and a friend from work followed me so we could go back to the office. Then I drove my car to Wendy's to meet her so she wouldn't see me drive up in the S2K. As we were leaving, I said let's check out the Honda, walked over and opened the door. You should have seen my wife flip whe she thought I was just going to check out the inside of someone else's new car with temps in the parking lot! Well of course the cops never had to come, and now that the sun has started to bake NJ again, the top is down, and we're both having a great time driving the car.

It feels just like when all the Z owners were so close the first couple of years for the 240z, except if the Z was a 9.9, then the S2K is a 10++

I got the car at Paramus Honda (NJ), and they were a pleasure to deal with (Salesman- George Seritas). If anybody local is looking, call these guys, they always seem to have a couple in stock, and the price is right.

Of course, I offer to drive whenever we head out together.. Later this Summer I'd like to take it out to a local track near NJ to see how it can really handle. The plates are in today, so we finally get to get rid of that temp in the front window.

PS Whoever owned the Silver one that I saw at Wendy's deserves a beer. Plus if someone else buys one after seeing ours at Wendy's they can treat us.

Now I know why one of the posts here had two S2Ks in the garage! When all of the kids are thru high school, it's time to get a set.
Old 06-12-2001, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent post...! And congrats on the 25th...!

Welcome to the club...

Old 06-12-2001, 01:59 PM

I drive on route 4 everyday.
I saw a silver stook one day. The guy waved at me and I waved back at him. Maybe it's the same guy?
Old 06-12-2001, 02:00 PM

BTW, if you want to start a poll, you may need a better title
Old 06-12-2001, 02:39 PM

when on route 4? Might ahve been me..
Old 06-12-2001, 02:53 PM

"Oh what a feeling"!!!

I know that's the other guy's saying but it works non the less.

Welcome to the club. You are now an official cult member.

Hehe.
Old 06-12-2001, 03:22 PM

Thanks to all for the Welcome.

FlyingPig -I see what you mean about the poll. (When I posted my first msg, I wasn't sure how the poll worked, and then there didn't seem to be a way to back out without loosing post. (I didn't want to re-type )
Old 06-12-2001, 05:01 PM

Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS. I celebrated my 25th the same year I got my S as well.
Check the meets page.
Old 06-12-2001, 06:15 PM

Zippy,

Yikes, I wonder if it is some kind of submliminal anniv msg in Honda S2000 ads? If so... I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves in five years!

Thanks for the hint for "meets page" - I'll check it out.

- Kevin
Old 06-13-2001, 06:31 AM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

Might have been me. I some times go to the Kings and Bottle King adjacent to the Wendy's and I have a tendency to park very far away from others. Actually I usually park in the commuter lot for the railroad. I'm in Allendale and I'll keep my eyes out for you.

Mr. Pig if it was the weekend thay may have been me. I usually look for you around Riverside Square.

Where in the Hillsdale are do you work? I used to work at KPMG Peat Marwick in Montvale.

Quick Reply: New Silver - Thanks to Wendy's