S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New Silver or Suzuka Blue? Help me decide.

Old 06-18-2001, 04:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would choose Silver every time......but be warned.......the new silver is Sebring Silver. This is a fantastic colour - my '93 Prelude VTEC looked great. The stook will look brilliant. But back to the 'but'..........Sebring silver is one of the most difficult colours on the market to get a good panel match with. I was unfortunate enough to get 'tail-ended' in my Prelude. Damage was limited to bumper and passenger side 3/4 panel. After 4 attempts pretty much the whole car was re-sprayed. This wark was carried out by a respected Honda approved body shop (yes, I know the 2 dont neccessarily go together) and they knew Sebring silver well from other, more common Hondas. ICI, who make the paint in UK, carry about 32 variations on the colour (there is only 1 silverstone) - this is indicative of how much trouble this paint has caused over time.

I know this is not generally high on the list when selecting a car colour, but it is best to at least be aware of these things

Good luck

Ian
(Silver(stone) / Red)
Old 06-18-2001, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ianl- thanks, I have been cursed with an eye for irregularities in all forms and color matching problems are high on my list of things to avoid. I've found that white bumpers, for example, tend to discolor in a manner that leaves them looking really 'off' with the body of the car, and I've steered clear of white for that very reason. the 'new' silver is getting crossed off my list. now my concern lies with the light blue leather that is being paired with the suzuka blue. The way I see it, it will either be a drop dead gorgeous combination or a dog. That being said, spa yellow has blown me away and I'm getting ready to call my dealer to make that my 'final answer' unless anyone has something that I need to know about that paint, speak now or.....
Old 06-18-2001, 05:24 AM

I've decided on the new blue contingent on me seeing it on the car. Otherwise, I'm going black with custom tan interior.

Patiently waiting for pictures.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:18 PM

Yeah the Yellow does look great my only problem with this is the dealer keeps loading the yellow ones up with options that I dont like. There is some kind of paint treatment on the car that the dealer is charging 1k for.

Just give me a clean slate and I'll customize.
Old 06-18-2001, 01:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Then the problem is not your choice of colour, but your choice of dealer.
Old 06-18-2001, 04:59 PM

There the only ones around here that actually have a selction. They have 6 S2000 last time I was there. That and they don't think your nuts when you arent willing to pay more then sticker. What I have to do is order a blue one and tell them not to accesorize it. They do crazy stuff but there the cheapest around.
Old 06-18-2001, 05:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Pick your price (reasonable), know what you want, walk in there with a cheque, put it on the desk and tell them if they want to do a deal great, otherwise you'll go elsewhere.

BTW, wait till the end of the month. Dealers are always hungrier then.
Old 06-18-2001, 06:37 PM

If you have not seen white in real life, than make a point to see one b4 u buy. Pictures do not do it justice. There is a reason why they keep so many of the white s2k's in Japan. The reason is it simply looks the best.
Old 06-18-2001, 10:30 PM

I like that end of the month tip
Thanks
Old 06-18-2001, 10:38 PM

A little off topic question for AusS2000. I know Mazdz is suposed to release a factory turbo miata there. As a matter of fact you guys "down under"(not exactly sure what that truely means so if it offensive I apologize in advance, Sorry). Are there different emmison requirements in Australia? Or do Australians actually still belive in sport driving. Unlike this SUV craze I'm suffering through in the US. Seems like everywhere but the US seems to get stock blowers be it SC or Turbo. Crash testing to expensive?

Green with envy

Quick Reply: New Silver or Suzuka Blue? Help me decide.