S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New Silver or Suzuka Blue? Help me decide.

Old 06-10-2001, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Silver or Suzuka Blue? Help me decide.

I'm torn between the new silver and the suzuka blue. Obviously, the silverstone silver is not an option for my upcoming '02.

New Silver-not the unique color that Silverstone is, silver also seems to be the most common, at least in my s2k sitings. Still most cars look great in silver (including my silver A4-lease is coming to an end), it hides dirt well, and i really like the red interior.

Suzuka Blue-working from the miniscule color samples its hard to tell the body color appears nice and I like that it's a metallic paint. Not as common at least for a while. But then there's the blue leather interior. It will either look great or gay (not that ther's anything wrong with that ). Will the carpet be blue too?

I think that Honda dropped the ball in general color-wise. We have black-gray (silver)-white, and the primary trio red-yellow-blue. Don't get me wrong, I love this car, but they could have offered some choicer choices. Maybe even a saddle leather interior and something other than just black for the top.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:22 AM

BLUE

Old 06-10-2001, 06:33 AM

I would go with the blue. It stands out more than the silver does.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vaper
[B]I'm torn between the new silver and the suzuka blue. Obviously, the silverstone silver is not an option for my upcoming '02.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by SiK182
BLUE

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but isn't this the Monte Carlo blue? From what I've seen of the color samples the Suzuka Blue is alot lighter than this ...

Have fun,
Derek
Old 06-10-2001, 07:05 AM

thanks sik 182, that photo is pretty persuasive, but as nova s2k points out, is it suzuka? or close to it? i'm leaning towards the blue, it's just the leather that has me in doubt. and how long until Rick is able to offer coordinating console covers etc.
Old 06-10-2001, 07:48 AM

Personally, Silver with Red interior is the way to go. It's pretty rate to see this combo and believe, it looks good.

If you do go this route, get a black leather console cover (At Rick's site) and cover the ugly red carpet on the console.

Good luck and you will love this car. If you are married, your wife will get pissed off at how much you baby this thing
Old 06-10-2001, 09:07 AM

I have seen a lighter shade of silver s2000 (at the paris motor show last autumn, they had all the honda cars on the booth painted with same banal silver), and I can tell you that it doesn't look good. You'll lose the touch of exclusivity the silverstone had.
Monte-carlo blue looks great in flesh, dunno about suzuka....
Old 06-10-2001, 09:47 AM

I've seen the little paint chip in person at the dealership of the Suzuka Blue. I compared it to a blue Passport in the showroom and they are very close. You can use that as a baseline. I like the color almost as much as the Monte Carlo Blue. It seems to have alot more silver-metallic flake tho. As far as that blue leather... well, it can be changed
Old 06-10-2001, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vaper
[B]thanks sik 182, that photo is pretty persuasive, but as nova s2k points out, is it suzuka? or close to it? i'm leaning towards the blue, it's just the leather that has me in doubt.

Quick Reply: New Silver or Suzuka Blue? Help me decide.