S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New S200 sales continue To decline

Old 06-09-2005, 09:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's nothing wrong with walking down the same path as the legend.
The legend of stupidity? The NSX is at this point an outdated joke. Anyone stupid enough to pay 90 grand for a car from the 80's deserves what they get. Notice, Fewer than a couple dozen of those idiots exist -- and most of them are actually leasing the vehicle at a price point comparable toa 55k car which only makes them mildly stupid.

I hope this does not happen to the S2k.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000spoon,Jun 9 2005, 11:35 AM
This car was not meant to be sold in volume, why? I have no clue, only Honda knows for sure. The biggest reason why is that it never came out in an automatic option. What other production roadsters that are sold in the U.S. doesn't have an auto option? I can't think of one at the moment.

I had so many ppl come up to me and ask about the car and how hot it looks. Once I told them it only comes in stick they are like " OH!!?? I don't know how to drive stick. " I just stood there and think, you don't deserve to drive this then.

I believe Honda made the S2000 for the select few that will understand what this
roadster and Honda is all about. S2000 was made for the driver not the passenger.

just my .02
agreed totally.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by steve c,Jun 10 2005, 12:58 AM
The legend of stupidity? The NSX is at this point an outdated joke. Anyone stupid enough to pay 90 grand for a car from the 80's deserves what they get. Notice, Fewer than a couple dozen of those idiots exist -- and most of them are actually leasing the vehicle at a price point comparable toa 55k car which only makes them mildly stupid.

I hope this does not happen to the S2k.
That is purely personal preference. I'm sure there are a lot of people that have a few extra bucks out there and really like the NSX. I know one of them. No need to bash a car enthusiast for being able to afford an over priced honda. Is it the best choice? or "bang for the buck"? Most likely not. But I can't afford one anyhow. yet.

I say
Old 06-10-2005, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, for 55k the NSX would be a hell of a car again.

Think about it, the new cayman is 59k, 2950 lbs, 295 hp.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
XTC

Originally Posted by zcarcrazy,Jun 8 2005, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't say so, I met this guy at the barber shop admiring my S. he asked how I liked it and proceeded to tell me that I bought it too soon because the Pontiac Solstice is coming and he is waiting. I wonder how many moer like him are out there?
Before I started looking at the S2K, I looked into the Pontiac Solstice. I called a dealer and was told...
"There is an order with Pontiac for 200 cars which are due in July - all are sold. We can add you to the waiting list but we don't know when we're getting more in."

Now, I am not sure of which dealers the 200 cars belongs to, surely not just the one, but this does tell me that yes, people are not only waiting for them put they are putting down $$ months in advance.

When I started shopping cars, I didn't even think about an S2K. Why? B/c I haven't seen it advertised anywhere since they came out in '00. I only started looking when it came up on Edmunds. It was only after visiting the Honda website that I remembered the "Red Start Button" in the ad from years ago.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by jasonw,Jun 8 2005, 09:01 AM
Well, I would be very supprised if someone who was planning to get a new car opts for something that's older and slower on the track just to have a higher redline...
can i get an amen......AMEN!!!!

can i get a hallelujah......HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2005, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by RyanS2000,Jun 8 2005, 12:48 PM
The S2000 is still cutting edge though. For the price it performs above par with it's competitors. Who else do you know that makes a 240hp naturally aspirated 4 cylinder?
[QUOTE]

no one. everyone else is adding horsepower. look at the nsx, no matter what kind of bing bing they put on it, its horsepower just don't cut it.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by S2000spoon,Jun 9 2005, 11:35 AM
This car was not meant to be sold in volume, why? I have no clue, only Honda knows for sure. The biggest reason why is that it never came out in an automatic option. What other production roadsters that are sold in the U.S. doesn't have an auto option? I can't think of one at the moment.

I had so many ppl come up to me and ask about the car and how hot it looks. Once I told them it only comes in stick they are like " OH!!?? I don't know how to drive stick. " I just stood there and think, you don't deserve to drive this then.

I believe Honda made the S2000 for the select few that will understand what this
roadster and Honda is all about. S2000 was made for the driver not the passenger.

just my .02
This is exactly why a Honda will always be in my garage. From the NSX, to civic Si's, all type R's and the S2000-- Honda will not attach an automatic tranny to a performance car. Honda might not want to promote the S like its competitors, but at least they respected it (and its owners) enough to keep it manual. So when you see someone driving an S, you know that they are a true motorist, not someone who thinks performance is all in the car. Can you say that about an RX-7 or Supra?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:07 AM

Received 5,790 Likes on 3,410 Posts

Everyone should try looking at two things - the facts and the big picture.

How Many S2000 Were Planned?

At the LA Auto Show press conference, December 1998, Honda said their plans were to earmark 5,000 to the US for each of the first two years and then they added
Old 06-12-2005, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Indecision,Jun 8 2005, 05:19 PM
We have a different kind of problem in my area. Our market is flooded with used S2000 because kids would buy them for the hype and glory in the name of the car. They would take it home and get beaten down by their friends' 350, the new Mustang, G35, M3s etc...they'll go back and ditch the car for one of those. Sad.
Hehehe, I feel bad that I kinda fit in that category. I kinda do like the 350z, but I just cant stray from the S2K, people. It still looks too good. I want fun in the twisties, so the S2K delivers.

Quick Reply: New S200 sales continue To decline