S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: New RSX Type S or used S2000 from CarMax?????????
Used S2000
80.00%
New RSX Type S
20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

New RSX Type S or used S2000 from CarMax?????????

Old 01-25-2004 | 09:00 PM

I always wished that i could have an S2000 and now that im coming out of a lemoned Nissan SER Spec V im looking to buy another car. i went to some insurance companies online and ran some quotes and i finally see a light at the end of the tunnel, I CAN AFFORD THE INSURANCE ON A S2K! LOL! Im relatively new to these forums i regularly visit once and a while, and you guys always give pretty good advice so here goes. I went to the CarMax website and found a whole mess of S2K's that they were selling (go and see what i mean http://www.carmax.com/dyn/searchengine/sea...ults.asp#CarMax), and to tell you the truth it defenetly caught my eye. Now i have some questions to ask you owners and i hope that you could be so kind to help me out.

Between a new RSX and a used S2K (with the prices seen on the CarMax webite) which would be a better buy?

Would a used S2K be reliable i mean i know that honda makes quality cars, and CarMax checks every little bit of the cars they recieve, but could i buy one without a worry.

What mileage should i be looking for?

What problems can i find on the model years they have (2000 - 2004)?

I believe that i have no other questions for you. I mean before running the quote on the SK2 i was gonna go and get the new RSX Type S, but now i get to choose between both of these great cars and im having a hard time deciding, hope you guys can help me out with my decission.

Thanx in advance............
Carlitos
Old 01-25-2004 | 09:04 PM
Former Moderator

my computer is screwing up, what' the price of an RSX type s, so I can have an idea of what you are looking at?
Old 01-25-2004 | 09:07 PM

the RSX i would be getting for like $1000 under msrp which would be $22,700............
Old 01-25-2004 | 09:07 PM

Oh and by the way awsome car!
Old 01-25-2004 | 09:08 PM
Former Moderator

Okay, I see a type s going for 23,865.00

You could easily get an in warranty 2002 s2000 for that. If the S is your dream car then go for it. Most owners who have not heavily modded their s2000's have enjoyed Honda like ownership of their cars. If you get the 2002 and then buy an extended warranty off of hardtopguy.com you should be good to go. I'd go for one as bone stock as possible personally to make sure no warranty issues are void.
Old 01-25-2004 | 09:15 PM

hardtopeguy.com warranty? Ok you lost me on that one. I think that CarMax has a good warranty that they sell with the vehicle as well (they even replace the clutch if u screw it up). I went to the site a while back and saw that he had some good prices on the hard tops (ala name), but i didnt see anything on warranty?

::Are these reliable cars?::
Old 01-26-2004 | 05:24 AM

dude its a Honda so yes, for the most part its very reliable
Old 01-26-2004 | 05:57 AM

I wouldn't buy any car from carmax as their prices are not competitive. Check your local dealers and if you are good at withstanding "the grind" then there are better deals to be had.

As far as which car to get, that's not a decision you should put in other people's hands. I'm sure you can weigh the pros and cons your self but just know that if you get the type s you are going to wish you had gotten ths real s.
Old 01-26-2004 | 06:54 AM

Get the S2000. You'll get more props from the chicks. Plus it's a convertible, it's faster, it looks better, it is rarer, and it's going to be a mini classic.
Old 01-26-2004 | 08:05 AM

::As far as which car to get, that's not a decision you should put in other people's hands. I'm sure you can weigh the pros and cons your self but just know that if you get the type s you are going to wish you had gotten ths real s.::

Nice one, real nice one! The real Type S! LOL! I think u just helped me make up my mind with that comment. LOL! Im defenetly leanning towards the S2K, I spent the entire night dreaming of the damn car! LMAO!

Quick Reply: New RSX Type S or used S2000 from CarMax?????????