S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New glove fit console cover design finalized, production begins Wednesday or Thursday

Old 04-20-2002 | 02:52 AM
Former Sponsor

They'll be shipping this week Sev. You have email from me.
Old 04-20-2002 | 05:33 AM

Very nice upgrade...count me in for a retrofit!
Old 04-20-2002 | 06:35 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]They'll be shipping this week Sev.
Old 04-20-2002 | 07:11 AM

Rick,
Will we be able to order both the wool carpets and the new console cover next week (4/22-4/26)? If so what is the time frame on shipping? I have a major show coming up and would love to have your products in the car by then?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2002 | 09:49 AM

Looks AWESOME, I can't wait to install mine............
Old 04-20-2002 | 12:21 PM

As an outside party, I would just like to reiterate what Rick and Jim have already said about this new design. Its awesome...

Rick sent me a prototype Red and Black like in the pictures to install on my car to give him some feedback. The installation was a snap. The hardest part was taking the shift knob off with that lock nut. I took off the radio cover and end pieces under the dash, but I think you could have installed it without this step.

The new plastic pieces are stiff, but flexible, and you kind of ease them in one side at a time, being careful to line up the indents to where the stock snaps are. Once the cover is fitted all you need to do is check each side and kind of press down on the leather and smooth the sides down. Once I did this I reinstalled the trim and repeated this step. I also went back and checked all the stock trim snaps to verify they were in as far as possible just to make sure the fit was the best it could be.

The only thing that everyone should note about the cover is that if you have cables for say a CD changer running along your center console like I do, installtion will require a little more care. Its still easy to do, but its harder to get the plastic piece where it needs to be. However, if you take your time it will look perfect. If you have smaller speaker wire running down the console for Lucid's rear speakers you shouldnt have a problem at all.

I'm hoping to get a couple pictures up soon, but I can't find the memory card for my camera. Regardless, if you have ever been thinking of getting one of Ricks covers, you should get this one. Even though this was a prototype version the quality of the leather fit and finish was phenomenal. You can definately tell the difference in the leather used on this piece versus say our stock seating surfaces!
Old 04-20-2002 | 02:30 PM

Just a couple questions. First I would like to know if its real leather or not. And if its not what exatly is it. And will the fit stay tight over time? And does it come with full and compleat detail instructions?

Looks like an awomse product. Where can I look at other products like this? So I can compare it to the others. Thanks!

Nice job rick.
Old 04-20-2002 | 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by nine grand
Rick,
Will we be able to order both the wool carpets and the new console cover next week (4/22-4/26)? If so what is the time frame on shipping? I have a major show coming up and would love to have your products in the car by then?

Thanks
You can order the new console cover now. The wool carpets should be available by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm just waiting for samples of all the color and leather trin choices so I can post pictures to help people in their color choices.
Old 04-20-2002 | 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JsnS2k
[B]Just a couple questions. First I would like to know if its real leather or not. And if its not what exatly is it. And will the fit stay tight over time? And does it come with full and compleat detail instructions?
Old 04-20-2002 | 02:46 PM

Hmmmm...sounds nice. How do I order one when I get my s2k? it will be little while so...I just want to know how to order one when the time comes. Thanks.

Quick Reply: New glove fit console cover design finalized, production begins Wednesday or Thursday