S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New Driver Questions

Old 01-29-2002, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use the "jackass smiley face" if they had one.

Phi
Old 01-29-2002, 09:01 AM

Sorry everyone,

I have a problem waking up on the wrong side of the bed everyday. Actually, I wake up on the floor...

Phi
Old 01-29-2002, 09:02 AM

Why so harsh on this kid?...what's he suppose to say..."thank's dad,but I'd rather drives mom's old 1989 Buick station wagon than an S2k"....wish my old man was as stupid when I was 16.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:09 AM

Well I've pretty much decided...no S2K...and that is w/o any advice from parents. It's just not a practical car for me. Maybe for college (cough USC) but for high school, I need seats, power, and room. I'm aiming towards a 325i bimmer or hell even a Jeep, which I have grown to love. BTW, I go to
"a large public school and we had everything from the old beater to the new porsche parked in the lot. "
Old 01-29-2002, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgentDSS
[B]Well I've pretty much decided...no S2K...and that is w/o any advice from parents. It's just not a practical car for me. Maybe for college (cough USC) but for high school, I need seats, power, and room. I'm aiming towards a 325i bimmer or hell even a Jeep, which I have grown to love. BTW, I go to
Old 01-29-2002, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

AgentDSS,

I assume that you have gotten more feedback than you originally bargained for. Take it all for what it is worth - input from folks that don't know you.

I was fortunate enough to have 1985 Turbo Shelby Charger (fast, but limited handling for its time) as my fist car at age 16 in late 1984. While some here might debate that spoiled would be an appropriate term, I felt as fortunate as you sound. I took such good care of that car that the only scratch it received was from my dad. Get the s2k and respect all that it is capable of.

One of the easiest ways to understand a car's capabililities is to attend a driving school. Since it doesn't sound like you need to watch every penny, I would assume that a four-day course at Bob Bondurant is within your means. That was absolutely the best investment I have ever made with regard to my driving skills.

Additionally, you and your dad would have a blast spending the time together at Bondurant in anticipation of your s2k.

Just another $0.02 from the peanut gallery.
Old 01-29-2002, 05:08 PM

I like KidK's thinking. I mean, when is a better time in your life to get the hottest 2 seat convertible on the market? You're in High School for God's sake! The time is now. Get it while you can..while you don't have nagging wife and kids etc...

You sound like a very mature guy, so do what KidK said and go to driving school and enjoy the hell out of the car.

no more from me
Old 01-29-2002, 05:29 PM

i guess i am a little late posting here. also i am a newbie here, as you can tell, but i was wondering how about the new nissan 350Z?if you can wait i think that wouldnt be a bad choice to look at. please dont kill me for this, but it is just about the same price as the S2000. dont get me wrong, i love driving my neighbors S2k, but be sure to consider the other alternatives.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgentDSS
[B]Do you guys think a 2 seater is too little for a high school student? I know my friends will probably be pissed, until they get their cars, cuz only 1 lucky passenger for the S2K. Are any of you guys high school students, and if so, found the S2K fulfilled their daily needs.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:34 PM

USC HELL YEA!!!!

However, I still think you should get an S2000.

Quick Reply: New Driver Questions